The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
Sr. Director of training responsibilities includes assessing the development needs of the organization as well as implementing programs/initiatives, designed to build talent within the company, partnering with subject matter experts to develop relevant training programs. Manages the learning management system, ensuring regulatory and legal compliance and demonstrates competence in current instructional practices and emerging technologies.
Performs strategic, analytical and tactical activities for the organization demonstrating leadership skills in the retail industry, influencing curriculum planning, budget allocation and resource distribution. The Sr. Director of Training works with business managers to determine performance gaps in their markets, stores, and business functions, identifying training interventions to solve these gaps.
- Directs the central and field training teams. Selection, training, developing, and managing performance
- Develop training strategy, methodology and delivery options (e-learning, classroom, blended learning, etc.) ensuring strategy and deliverables are aligned with organization. Ensure that company standards and best practices of curriculum design and development are followed
- Responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of training throughout all levels of the organization
- Set instructional design standards and disseminates best practices to the team. Simplifies, streamlines and evaluates new training. Frames all curriculums, filming, and materials
- Creates, maintains, and supports hourly e-learning. Updates, maintains and communicates training material for e-learning courses, projects, and rollouts
- Manages restaurant training programs and initiatives, and directly supports the successful design, development, implementation, maintenance, tracking, and promotion of educational programs, initiatives, materials and tools to support the learning needs of the organization
- Ensure that employee and manager development plans are in conjunction with business and succession planning needs
- Works closely with executive team to develop short and long-term training and development goals
- Creates an interactive and innovative training and development support system utilizing materials, workshops, and technology that translates into a high level of enthusiasm and participation
- Conduct training needs assessments by analyzing business data and trends in order to provide effective training solutions that address these needs and motivates learning
- Meets budgetary guidelines. Evaluates the cost effectiveness and ROI of all training programs and materials
- Assembles training project teams which includes operations representation, assigns individual responsibilities, develops project schedules and is responsible for determining and acquiring additional resources needed
- Create and implement recognition programs that motivate achievement and then recognize and reward success. Drive for competitive differentiation and world class capability with all training solutions
- Partners with Human resources and operations leadership to oversee the on-boarding/orientation process to ensure that new employees at all levels receive a comprehensive introduction to the company
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree and 8 years' experience developing and delivering training projects with extensive expertise in Adult education learning principles. Preferred 5 years minimum of Operations exposure in the retail space
Bloomin' Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
- Exhibits strong project management, facilitation, presentation and interpersonal skills. Strong verbal and written capabilities and demonstrated expertise in managing training products in a variety of formats (seminars, workshops, web based training, pod casts, etc.)