HARMAN is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®. We are a leading global provider of premium audio and infotainment solutions, engaging customers around the home, in the car and on the go. Our family of distinguished brands enjoys a legacy spanning more than 60 years of leading-edge innovation and premium quality. Our customers include the top names in entertainment, automotive and venue design - linked by a common passion for high-fidelity sound and multimedia. We operate worldwide through a network of more than 12,000 talented employees and best-in-class channel partners, positioned to serve both the emerging and established markets. Many among our team began their careers on the stage or in the recording studio, bringing their personal experience as customers to the design and production of innovative new audio technologies.
We develop and deliver solutions that embrace innovation, superior value and a highly-satisfying customer experience. We achieve this by fostering a culture of employee empowerment and creativity, blended with integrity and accountability. We are committed to continuous improvement in delivery new value to our investors and every HARMAN stakeholder.
Job Title: Sr. Director, HR - Audio SBU
Reports To: VP - HR Lifestyle Division
We are seeking a mature, dynamic and energetic Sr. Director of HR for our largest operating business, Audio strategic business unit (SBU), within the Harman Lifestyle Division. The Lifestyle Division has roughly 4,600 global employees of which Audio SBU has roughly 3,600 employees. This candidate will want to be part of a close knit global divisional HR team and will enjoy the challenge of playing a very significant role on our global divisional HR team leading the team for our largest operating business. You will make significant contributions to the HR function and the company overall and must be willing to take ownership of assigned projects and global responsibilities. This role will be located in our Farmington Hills, MI office and report directly to the VP, HR for the Lifestyle Division located in Stamford, CT and reports indirectly to the SVP & GM, Audio SBU located in Farmington Hill, MI.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years impressive global HR generalist, talent management, HR business partner and employee relations experience focused primarily on leading HR teams. This individual will lead various talent management projects and business operational projects driving the Audio SBU to new heights. The ideal candidate will have relevant global HR experience in managing global HR teams and programs in countries like Germany, China, Brazil, UK, Hungary, Korea, Japan and others. This role is responsible for working closely with the Lifestyle divisional HR team and senior management team in various capacities and projects as needed. In addition, this position will have direct North American business unit HR management responsibilities for 2 Mexican plants and 1 US manufacturing plant. This role will work closely with the Lifestyle Divisional VP, HR to establish our divisional HR strategy to ensure alignment with the strategic objectives of our operating businesses.
- Comprehensive HR Management skills supporting a globally diverse employee population in both functional and operational areas.
- Provide advice and direction to managers and employees related to performance management, employee relations, recruitment, succession planning, compensation, compliance, and training & development.
- Design and administer certain business HR policies and procedures that are required within the Division but aligned with Corporate HR policies.
- Oversee various HR projects and programs as assigned.
- Manage and oversee the Audio SBU global compensation function to include: coordination of the annual merit review process, target tracking and bonus calculation processes; compensation analyses, and benchmarking activities.
- Management and ongoing experience with the Harman Global Grading program using the Towers Watson GGS framework is essential.
- Accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate managers and staff on compensation policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of business HR activities.
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- 15+ years of relevant US and Global HR generalist, talent management and compensation experience
- Experience with compensation management programs, global grading, benchmarking and salary structure development
- International HR experience required; specifically focused in China, India, Russia, Brazil and Europe
- SHRM or PHR designation is a plus
- SAP/ADP payroll and HRIS technology experience a plus
- Bright, self-starter who can work autonomously and manage a global team
- Presence and maturity to interact with senior staff on strategic & confidential matters
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment/common sense, integrity and ethics
- Collaborative, team player
- Roll-up the sleeves mentality
- Highly organized in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen, understanding of key business drivers/how the business works
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Extremely responsive with the ability to effectively consider all perspectives to questions, concerns and issues
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, MI
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
Harman International - 21 months ago