We have been engaged by our client to recruit their Sr. Director, Product Marketing . Our client is a leading Fortune 500 medical device manufacturer. This role includes the development of marketing and sales strategies to drive company growth and differentiation and blunt the competition . Develop s and execute s cross-functional commercialization plans . Prepares and executes multi-channel marketing strategies and launch plans in support of accelerating sales. Engages strategically with the sales force and key customers to build the company brand, advance market development and enable sales. Ideal candidates will have 15 + years of progressively more responsible business experience in a class III medical device company or equivalent, including product or market management experience . This position is located in Austin, TX. Relocation assistance is available.
- Develops and executes marketing and sales strategies and tactics to drive company growth and differentiation and blunt the competition.
- Recruits, develops, leads and performance manages team of product managers to develop markets, build the brand and enable sales in the United States and Latin America.
- Develops tools, messages, data, programs, syste ms, services and behaviors to enable sales and produce maximum results in enabling sales.
- Using strong business acumen, domain expertise, strategic thinking and data, prioritizes investment of financial and human resources to yield the greatest business results in collaboration with sales leadership and Education.
- Develops and executes cross-functional commercialization plans with Product Marketing, Marketing Services, Education and HCE&R to ensure the needs of the full commercialization lifecycle are well planned and aligned across stakeholders.
- Engages with product marketing to drive product and data development priorities and ensures implementation in support of launch preparation, sales execution and market penetration.
- Collaborates with Marketing Services to execute multi-channel marketing strategies and develop the company brand in support of accelerating sales.
- Engages strategically with the sales force and key customers to build the company brand, advance market development and enable sales.
- Defines, tracks and reports metrics regarding efforts of marketing tools, messages and programs. Uses metrics to track and drive both behavior and performance, particularly with respect to product launches.
- Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility
- Works within a matrix to apply professional skills in support of the successful promotion of specific products, feature sets, or services, as conducted by the USD field organization.
- Works within a matrix to support sales management focus upon timeline-based sales initiatives relative to achieving specific product sales goals within defined geographic domains.
- Works cross-functionally to develop, target and measure training-based initiatives such as Multi-Physician Education programs, peer-to-peer education, Fellows training, etc. training on appropriate product use in new standards of care .
- Determines customer needs related to product knowledge and benefits offered by company products as a result of direct interface with company product end users: physicians, administrators, RNs etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent plus typically fifteen plus years of progressively more responsible business experience in a class III medical device company or equivalent, including product or market management experience. A minimum of six plus years of demonstrated experience at a supervisory/managerial level is typical. MBA in a relevant discipline/concentration preferred.
- S ubstantive knowledge of the cardiac medical device industry, health care delivery, and managed care/reimbursement markets and the factors that drive them is required.
- T horough understanding of product and market management, physician, and patient marketing is also required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize development projects using customer input.
- A bility to track financial metrics and make appropriate adjustments to successfully achieve revenue/unit goals required .
- Documented record of delivering marketing information which adds value to management’s decision making process.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; the ability to lead a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and applications, such as, Microsoft Office.
- Must be adept at handling multiple assignments and accomplish these projects within budgetary guidelines.
- Both US and international class III medical device marketing experience is preferred .
Monster - 10 months ago