The role of the Senior Oracle E-business Suite (EBS) Engineer is to provide exceptional remote-based support for mission-critical Oracle EBS applications as part of our global customer support team. The position has the responsibility for researching, troubleshooting and supporting of multiple Oracle EBS modules for our global clients who use both r11i & r12. The role of the Senior Oracle EBS Engineer requires the expertise and skills to diagnose serious issues; then develop, test, package and deliver fixes for such issues in complex, integrated and highly-configured environments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Solve complex customer issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of Oracle EBS applications functionality and technology.
- Work closely with customers on a daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver a consistently high quality customer experience
- Provide remote-based functional support & training for multiple EBS modules.
- Support client customizations, sharing implementation and best practices advice.
- Develop application break fixes for critical product defects.
- Create scripts to identify, analyze and correct data issues.
- Manage one or more key assigned accounts as a technical/functional advisor.
- Provide hands-on assistance using proprietary tools in a test environment or via remote client connectivity.
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend field experience to different client situations.
- Contribute to the development and management of knowledge-sharing methodologies, diagnostic tools, and creative processes, to improve the client experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years relevant Oracle EBS experience
- 5+ years direct support of application end-users in a Corporate environment
- Functional and Technical Expertise in multiple Oracle EBS modules (Financials, Purchasing, Order Management, Projects)
- Demonstrated Technical abilities with PL/SQL, Forms, BI Publisher, Workflow
- Knowledge of localizations: architecture, implementation and key functionality
- Expertise with Oracle EBS R11i & R12, including full life-cycle implementation experience, configuration and administration of the application.
- Knowledge of Oracle maintenance/patching mechanics and EBS architecture.
- Demonstratable history solving complex problems across multiple modules.
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem solving.
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients.
- Strong knowledge of key application functionality, tables and relationships.
- Deep knowledge of Oracle EBS customization/extension methodologies.
- Excellent development skills using Oracle EBS toolset.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills – verbal & written.
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations.
- The ability to work remotely from a home based office in a virtual environment.
Rimini Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- The best candidates will have extensive knowledge of multiple EBS modules across releases (R11i & R12) including proficiency with EBS product module/suite business processes, navigation mechanics, configuration requirements, integration with other modules and underlying technology.
- A consulting background, while not mandatory, would be useful
- Experience with localizations and global implementations would be an advantage
Rimini Street - 20 months ago