The Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer will join our growing Quality Assurance team. This person will help verify that the business vision has been turned into physical reality by validating that the sites and systems meet design specifications and requirements.
- Ensure high quality and timely release of features/products to market by working collaboratively with Match.com's business teams to understand business needs.
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and all other test assets such as test data, data validation scripts and automated scripts.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Assist in specification development with cross-functional teams as needed.
- Execute and evaluate manual test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Mentor junior team members.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BS or BA degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
- 3+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience.
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
- Ability to provide accurate project/task effort estimates.
- Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases.
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- Liaison with development, project management, and customer support for test and QA related functions.
- Experience testing web applications using manual and automated test methodologies.
- Knowledge of SQL Server environments; ability to query and manipulate data. (Experience writing SQL queries for data validation, manipulation and verification is required).
- Excellent understanding of Quality Assurance process and methodologies.
- Experience with QA tools including bug/defect tracking systems; test management software such as Mercury Quality Center, and domain knowledge.
- Experience using multiple web browsers (Mac experience desirable).
- Knowledge of any Programming Language is preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously in day-to-day testing of large scale web applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a cohesive team environment.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong time management skills.
Match.com - 13 months ago
Launched on the Web in April of 1995, Match.com helped pioneer the online dating industry. Our mission is simple: to help singles find the...