Through innovation and creative product design, CertainTeed has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm made its slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," which quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America's leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, foundations, pipe, insulation, gypsum, ceilings and access covers.
Headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa., CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 6,000 employees and more than 65 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
60% Performing fabrication duties (routing, assembling gates, packaging etc.)
10% Performing first, middle, and last piece inspection on product (depending on size of order) to ensure 100% quality, 100% of the time
10% Basic machine repair (router bits, heads, wrapping changeovers, strapping changeovers, etc)
10% Production reporting and performing moves on product
10% Other duties as assigned by management
Other Significant Measures:
• Quality, Productivity & Efficiency improvements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ability:
• Must be able to problem solve and understand when to change router bits, inspect brushes, change shrink wrap and various other lower level machine repairs as necessary.
• Ability to troubleshoot when a wrong rout occurs and obtain assistance to correct when needed.
• Understand inventory transaction logic and the importance of doing this correctly.
• Basic math and reading/comprehension skills
• Proper ability to use scan gun
• Must be able to read a tape measure and use calipers
• 6-12 months minimum experience in fabrication position.
• May be required to serve as area representative on inter-plant teams
• May be required to serve in other areas from time to time.
There's no uncertainty about CertainTeed's business. A subsidiary of French industrial giant Compagnie de Saint-Gobain,...