Viking Technology leads the Enterprise and Embedded server and storage market in Solid State Drives (SSD), DRAM, and hybrid storage technologies. With a breadth of solutions that bridge both SSD and DRAM, Viking Technology has the ability to deliver any storage solution from high-performance computing SSDs down to embedded kiosk flash devices. Viking Technology has over two decades of focused storage and DRAM development, delivering high technology solutions that optimize the value and performance of customers’ applications in the Enterprise, Network Infrastructure, Embedded, and Defense & Aerospace markets. With an extensive product breadth of SSD and DRAM, Viking Technology stands as one of the top Tier storage solution provider in the market.
Viking currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Fields Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA to support the Viking Technology facility in Southern California.
The Sr. FAE will develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of customer application requirements for all Viking memory products, including DRAM, Flash, SSD and other related solutions. The Sr. FAE will be the main conduit of technical communication between the customer and Viking Sales, Marketing and Engineering for both sales and support activities. A strong ability to understand specific interface protocols, such as (but not limited to) SATA, SAS and PCIe is required in addition to a strong understanding of DRAM technologies. Advanced knowledge of system architectures and subsystem design is recommended. The Sr. FAE must be able to investigate and capture customer requirements and recommend technical solutions from the Viking product portfolio. The Sr. FAE must be the main communicator and driver of the resolution of all customer technical questions and product applications, correctly applying and employing company resources for resolution. The Sr. FAE should be able to observe, understand and document customer needs and desires. Internal communication with engineering and marketing are required to disseminate customer findings. The Sr. FAE will report to the Applications Engineer Manager (which reports to the Sales Organization) and will also be responsible for:
- Providing technical training for manufacturer representatives
- Coordinating with plant marketing and engineering for successful launch of products, technical seminars, QA/FA resolution, and debug
- Supporting all customers sustaining engineering activities, including unique qualification requirements.
- A minimum of 10-years of experience within the OEM segment of the enterprise or telecommunications market segments or semiconductor employment experience. At least 3 years in a customer facing role.
- Advanced working knowledge of storage communication protocols and their application
- Good organization and good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 2 years ago - save job