First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
As an integral member of the Planning team, this position is involved a diverse set of commercial, analytical and general management activities that requires direct engagement with First Wind’s executive management, the Board and/or key stakeholders.
· Build and maintain Excel-based financial models to support (i) commercial decision-making, (ii) operational optimization, (iii) financing activities and (iv) both short-term and long-term planning.
· Lead or support commercial negotiations related to a variety of initiatives, and manage related documentation and business analysis.
· In coordination with internal/external experts, develop tax planning strategies to maximize value in support of First Wind’s growth
· Prepare presentation materials for the FW and JV Board, FW Risk Committee, lenders and investors
· Assist in the preparation of the business’s annual operating plan.
· Think creatively and drive innovative process improvements in all phases of the business.
· Minimum five years of experience in financial/business analysis capacity. Experience in the energy industry is preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or related field. MBA a plus.
· Experience with contracts and commercial negotiations
· Understanding of accounting principles and familiarity with financial statements.
· Experience in financial analysis, forecasting, and management reporting. Experience with financial statement modeling.
· Strong experience in use and application of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Experience with financial systems is preferred but not required.
· Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently and drive results.
· Comfortable in an environment with changing priorities, and competing demands for time.
· Highly motivated with ability to drive results.
· Ability to work extended hours as required.
As an EOE/AA employer, First Wind Energy, LLC will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
First Wind - 7 months ago