Description and Qualifications
Transamerica Life Insurance Company, an AEGON company, is a leader in the worldwide insurance industry for over 40 years. AEGON is an international pension, insurance and financial services organization. Transamerica is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, where approximately 4000 individuals are employed. It is here where AEGON USA is headquartered.
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) is a new Division within Transamerica that has been established to identify common functions across the organization that could potentially be better leveraged as a shared service. We are committed to enhancing financial results through creativity, innovation, risk management, and service while treating our policyholders, employees, and other customers with integrity and respect.
Position will be responsible for leading change from our current business model to a shared service model for finance activities within EBS. Strategizes, initiates, plans, manages and closes multiple transition projects for EBS Finance activities to Shared Service or outsourcers.
- Contributes to the sound financial management of the organization be developing and recommending financial strategies for EBS and monitoring its performance and providing appropriate advice to senior management
- Manages stakeholders and their respective expectation to assure expectations are met.
- Manages multiple medium to large scale, complex and high profile transitions or activities into EBS from start to completion.
- Utilizes process quality improvement methodology and tools to complete transition of finance shared services activities from divisions to EBS
- Provides direction to the department in order to effectively utilize all resources and provide quality financial services to EBS customers.
- Recommends, implements and drives changes to business systems and processes.
- Ownership for the success of the transition activity.
- Support all transition management activities including plan development as well as providing tools, processes, quality discipline and coaching.
- Partners with Business Unit CFO's to meet their business goals and objectives.
- Participates in selection process for sourcing vendor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Lean or Six sigma certification a plus. Generally 10+ years’ experience in an insurance or financial services company. Candidate should have a track record of leading large teams through significant change, experience creating or functioning within a shard service business model, be able to resolve conflicts quickly and settle them equitably. Must have effective communication and can relate well to people at all levels.
There is currently 1 opening in this department. The candidate will be hired as either a Sr. Finance Leader or a level below, based upon qualifications, skills, and organizational needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, or any other basis protected by law.
When necessary, Transamerica Life Insurance Company will reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities if the person is otherwise qualified to safely perform all of the essential functions of the position.
Accounting Finance & Audit
US-Florida, US-Arkansas, US-Maryland, US-Colorado, US-Texas, US-California
Transamerica.com - 13 months ago