Posting Title Sr. Finance Manager; Americas Field Finance Job About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Why Work for Our Division Finance is a global organization that’s dedicated to the short- and long-term growth and success of VMware – and to using analytical tools and collaboration to build connections internally and externally. It’s a fast-paced environment, with lots to learn. We’re looking for people with strong critical thinking skills, who want to work collaboratively, serve our customers and make good choices. Uncompromising ethics and integrity are hallmarks of our organization. We’re a diverse group, covering the areas of corporate finance, FP&A, pricing, mergers and acquisition integration, revenue, investor relations, treasury, license compliance, tax, internal audit and the many corporate accounting functions. Come, join our team of motivated professionals, and grow with VMware. Job Description VMware has an opportunity for a Sr. Finance Manager to join our Americas Field Finance team in a challenging, fast-paced environment. The candidate will report to the Sr. Finance Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Serve as a financial advisor / business partner to the VP of various segments, likely including Globals and Mid Market, to help achieve top line and cost goals.
- Lead Americas Field FP&A efforts in preparing monthly spend forecasts and semi-annual commit process, and ensure proper, timely and efficient month-end close.
- Manage one-two personnel in Bulgaria.
- Participate as a key finance stakeholder in cross-functional teams.
- Consolidate, review, interpret, report, and explain monthly and quarterly business results.
- Drive KPI projects for senior management, with financial modeling and data mining to prepare recommendations and reporting.
- Partner with the leadership team to provide Quarterly Business Review analysis and presentations.
- Responsible for tracking, forecasting, and analyzing the headcount and hiring plans.
- Prioritize investment and cost savings opportunities based on quantitative data, business leader input, benchmarking others, and sound judgment.
- Regularly consider finance efficiency enhancements and enhance and automate manual processes.
- Become a subject matter expert on one or more of our financial processes, and share with others.
- Ensure sound business controls and prepare process documentation.
- Provide ad hoc investment analyses and information requests.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant financial analysis/business analysis experience.
- Minimum 2 years managing people.
- Predisposition to think like a business person.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly.
- Confidence to share your view, even when unpopular, and to stand your ground when warranted.
- Self-starter with excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to handle ambiguity.
- A genuine interest in technology.
- A desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Capable of independently managing multiple tasks in a highly deadline driven environment with a high level of precision, and remaining composed under pressure.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in computer-based analysis and complex financial modeling.
- Have a solid understanding of most of the tools used to analyze and report the business (Oracle, BPC, Excel, Powerpoint), and be able to quickly learn the new tools.
- Strength in researching, understanding and succinctly explaining complex transactions and business impact.
- Ability to drive process improvement across functions and within Finance.
- Software industry experience is preferred; a fast paced technology company environment is also acceptable.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- B.A. or B.S. in Business, Finance, or Accounting; an MBA is preferred. Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No Requisition Number 42257BR EEO Statement VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment. Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 5 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...