Netflix is revolutionizing streaming video. We’re looking for the best and brightest to join our team and drive financial analysis and strategic thinking.
The Senior Financial Analyst – Marketing will be a key contributor to managing and optimizing over $400M in annual marketing spend in our U.S. and International Markets. The Senior Financial Analyst will work with a number of marketing vendors, budget managers and marketing channel owners to build, maintain and optimize the budget. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst will collaborate with Accounting / Finance to make sure expenses are properly recorded and payments are issued on time. He / She will have exposure to many aspects of customer acquisition and must perform value-added analysis to improve marketing efficiency.
Netflix operates a financially complex business and believes that it derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing the company. Marketing at Netflix is responsible for growing the subscriber base globally, generating revenue, and providing critical input to product and service offerings. The group is lean, dynamic, fast-paced, and staffed with people who are analytically agile. We manage our Marketing budget in a dynamic way to maximize efficiency and shareholder value.
This role will reside in the Company’s corporate headquarters in Los Gatos, CA and report to the VP, Corporate Planning & Analysis, and will require significant partnering with the company’s CMO.
The Senior Financial Analyst will handle day-to-day activities related to accounting and control, planning, and optimization of a number of marketing budgets. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to, online advertising, broad-scale advertising (TV, radio, print), public relations, brand and design, consumer electronic devices and gift subscription / cards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Budget Management: Work closely with Managers / Directors / VPs in Marketing and Business Development, contractors and agencies to ensure proper forecasting of expenses, billing and payment; submit budget updates, process purchase orders/invoices/accruals, and manage a detailed tracking model. Build new budgets for new international markets.
- Month-end Marketing / Accounting Close: Work with Accounting / Finance to complete the month-end close process.
- Budget Analysis: Report and analyze variances and spending trends.
- ROI Analysis: Analyze economics and efficiencies behind various marketing partner relationships
- Channel Optimization Analysis: Understand and report usage and performance of spend across channels
- Competitive Analysis
- Ad Hoc Research
Candidates are required to have at least 3 years of hands-on accounting, budget management or financial management experience in a company. He / She would have an undergraduate or advanced degree in Finance or Accounting. Public accounting experience or a CPA would be helpful. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working with “super smart” people, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
In addition, the successful candidate should:
- Be an expert user of Excel pivot tables, macros, and filtering
- Have experience handling advertising / media budgets in multiple geographies (preferred)
- Have excellent working knowledge of balance sheet (pre-paid and accrual) and proficient with accounting rules and equations
- Have substantial experience working with Oracle or other ERP systems
- Be an effective communicator
An attractive compensation package consisting of salary, stock options, 401K (with match) and comprehensive benefits will be offered to the selected candidate.
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...