Responsible for the preparation and analysis of product costing and Purchasing Dept. financial activities. Work closely with VP of Operations/Supply Chain, Director of Purchasing, and Finance to develop new analytical tools, tracking methods and system improvements to expand financial support for the group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Prepare monthly financial statements; develop budgets, forecasts and as it pertains to product cost
- Develop efficient methods for extracting and analyzing product costs and associated purchasing and engineering costs.
- Coordinate the preparation of projected and budgeted model costs. Set and maintain standard and current material costs. Work with engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing engineering to determine cost impact of planned model changes.
- Demonstrated skill working with and influencing executive level managers
- Proactively work with cross functional team members to identify potential opportunities and provide input to resolve items as appropriate.
- Provide on-going financial support for product costing, purchasing special projects, and cost saving initiatives including preparation of presentations for the Polaris leadership Team
- Become an integral part of the product costing and supply chain team, providing leadership and technical expertise wherever needed.
- Prepares special analysis and writes reports as requested utilizing Excel, Showcase, Access, FRx and other financial tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required; CMA and/or MBA preferred
- 4 - 6 years of experience in Accounting/Finance required with 3+ specializing in product costing and/or supply chain environments preferred.
- Extensive experience in various (excel, PowerPoint, access) Microsoft tools required. Hyperion and MAPICS experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success developing tools to improve financial analysis and financial system added value to the functional group
- Successful candidate will have excellent communication and leadership skills with previous experience working with senior management on a routine basis.
- Proven experience working with and influencing cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
Standard, fast-paced office environment, some travel required
Polaris Industries - 18 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...