DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
Sr. Financial Analyst – Store Finance
Responsible for maintaining the DSW Stores financial projection including long range plans, annual budgets and current period projection. Oversees account analysis to forecast sales and expense trends. Collaborates with partners throughout the business and in the field to improve store sales and cross channel opportunities and improve overall financial performance of stores. Role serves as lead analyst for significant stores projects and investments and is expected to supervise and advise other analysts as necessary for team accomplishment. Reports to Manager, Store Finance. No direct reports. Must possess the ability to:
- Communicates frequently with field management partners
- Provides guidance to the store sales and payroll planning process to continue to maximize store and overall company performance
- Participates in total company sales projection process
- Develops and supports continued evolution of field financial accountability with development of benchmarking, scorecards, controllable profit & loss statements, etc.
- Provides standard and ad hoc financial analysis and reporting as needed to support executive decision making and continued profitable growth of the business
- Develops / assists with business case development to support store technical and other significant investment initiatives to ensure adequate ROI
- Problem solves and support financial management needs of assigned departments and partners.
- Networks with vendors, industry contacts and other to identify and implement industry best practices in areas of responsibility
- May provide less experienced analysts with work direction and technical assistance as necessary
- Any other essential functions that may occur from time to time as directed by supervisor
- 5-8 years experience in a finance role including 3+ years in financial planning & analysis
- Experience in Retail Industry and Store Finance a plus
- Financial analysis, modeling and forecasting skills
- Comfortable in team oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Assist in design of systems and processes
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and capabilities
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- High initiative and self-direction
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of finance/GL packages such as Lawson, Hyperion or similar
- Ability to multi-task throughout the day
- A degree of creativity, energy and latitude is expected
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, business administration, economics or related; CPA or MBA a plus
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
DSW Inc. is a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer that offers a wide selection of brand name and designer dress, casual and...