Sr. Financial Analyst - USA
John Hancock is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support the US Insurance business. This is an individual contributor manager level position.
- Independently conducts financial and economic analyses of a high degree of complexity
- Develops organization's financial plans and budgets
- Analyzes business issues and develops complex, corporate financial models that facilitate solutions
- Prepares and presents recommendations to senior management
- Conducts special surveys or studies
- May represent the organization in industry conferences and events
- Researches and recommends best practices
- Provides technical leadership on financial analysis projects
- Mentors and provides guidance to junior associates
- Demonstrates a consultative / SME orientation
- Creates data modeling and conceptual development of reporting templates
- Analyzes and interprets reports; recognizing important deviations
- Demonstrates business acumen; understands our businesses and the impact of changes in the business environment; applies professional skepticism
- Uses financial modeling and data management skills to identify anomalies and trends in databases; investigates the sources of anomalies and variances and proposes alternative solutions
- Assists with research and implementation of best industry practices.
- Optimizes existing processes, data management, and analysis practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other related field
- MBA or MS degree preferred
- CFA or CPA designation preferred
- 8 or more years of related experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates substantial independence to advanced proficiency in own discipline
- Possesses in-depth knowledge and experience; recognized as an expert within organization
- Well established communication skills – strong verbal and written skills and an ability to present to large groups.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Possesses strong ability to draft financial reporting narratives
- Possesses ability to create complex financial models
- Performs as an effective contributor within framework of immediate team/group and the broader organization
- Highly proficient with reporting and analysis tools
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate complex processes or projects
- Manages process or people without formal authority
- Serves as a technical expert / leader on projects
- Functions as a recognized expert in own area within the organization
- Ability to work with all levels if management across the organization
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife Financial
John Hancock Financial is a division of Manulife Financial, a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Operating as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States, the Company offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners. Funds under management by Manulife Financial and its subsidiaries were C$567billion (US$539 billion) as at June 30, 2013. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife Financial can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.
The John Hancock unit, through its insurance companies, comprises one of the largest life insurers in the United States. John Hancock offers and administers a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, fixed products, mutual funds, 401(k) plans, long-term care insurance, college savings, and other forms of business insurance. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
Nov 8, 2013, 12:08:13 PM
Jan 7, 2014, 11:59:00 PM
Manulife Financial - 9 months ago
Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Since...