The Senior HR Generalist performs human resource related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, Worker Compensation, unemployment, benefits, FMLA/OFLA processing and tracking, HRIS systems administration support and providing professional support and guidance in accordance with Organizational philosophy and Department protocols throughout any and all processes
1. Stays current on all FMLA/OFLA, employment, and wage & hour laws and regulations.
2. Oversees Annual Open Enrollment in conjunction with HRIS Specialist
3. Oversees employee benefit program. Ensures that all vendors are notified, that employees receive accurate information, and employee benefit questions are answered including but not limited to: medical, dental, life insurance, retirement, COBRA, etc.
4. Manages and administers FMLA, OFLA, and ADA compliance documentation within stipulated timelines and maintains up-to-date tracking system.
5. Administer Worker Compensation claims, meet with employees one-on-one and work with worker compensation carriers to ensure timely, complete, accurate documentation is submitted.
6. Ensure tracking systems are in place to provide timely data to HR Director regarding FMLA/OFLA and Worker Compensation workforce members.
7. Work with Organizational Safety Officer regarding ensuring JSFA are in place for positions as needed and any follow-up concerns coming from WC are addressed through Organizational Safety Program.
8. Implement new benefit programs; arrange and conduct employee information presentation and enrollment sessions as needed.
9. Ensures the accuracy of all benefit enrollments in the HRIS system to provide vendors and payroll with accurate eligibility and deduction information.
10. Manage confidential medical files for employees related to benefits administration. Coordinate with Payroll/benefits specialist regarding benefit administration and support to employees.
11. Assist employees regarding benefit claims issues and plan changes. Enroll employees with carriers and process life status changes.
12. Prepare, set-up and conduct meetings (one-on-one or group sessions) ensuring workforce members have information and understand company benefits and resources available.
13. Manage PTO Donation requests, notifications and donations.
14. Provide professional recommendations to HR Director related to FMLA, OFLA, and ADA implications related to leave of absence and/or termination situations.
15. Monitors Performance Evaluation & Employee Support Program with guidance from HR Director.
16. Files EEO-1 report annually; maintains records, reports and ensures conformity to EEO regulations.
17. Manage administrative portion of employee separation process including, but not limited to ensuring documentation is processed, PBS COBRA notification completed, benefit information provided and closed out, exit surveys, conducting exit interviews and providing data and recommendations to HR Director for review to ensure continued quality improvement efforts.
18. Prepares and responds to unemployment claims; attend hearings as necessary.
19. Take a leadership role in wellness/benefits initiatives within the organization as appropriate.
20. Systems administrator for the HRIS System.
21. Maintains strong professional, work relationships with vendors, providers, supervisors and employees.
22. Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives and systems.
1. Seven years prior Human Resources experience and extensive customer service experience/knowledge.
2. Professional in Human Resource (PHR) certification
3. Knowledge and experience with employment laws and regulations.
4. Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues while maintaining supportive yet professional boundaries.
5. Ability to make recommendations toward continued quality improvement and use consistent good judgment in following established standards practices, policies, procedures, regulations, state/federal laws.
6. Ability to work independently, be highly organized and prioritize work
7. Strong computer skills
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills
Catholic Community Service of the Mid-Willamette Valley - 18 months ago