Health Net, Inc. is a publicly traded managed care organization that delivers managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans. Its mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. Health Net, through its subsidiaries, provides and administers health benefits to approximately 5.4 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as "Part D"), Medicaid, U.S. Department of Defense, including TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs programs. Health Net's behavioral health services subsidiary, Managed Health Network, Inc., provides behavioral health, substance abuse and employee assistance programs to approximately 4.9 million individuals, including Health Net's own health plan members. Health Net's subsidiaries also offer managed health care products related to prescription drugs, and offer managed health care product coordination for multi-region employers and administrative services for medical groups and self-funded benefits programs.
For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit the company's website at
The Senior Health Care Analyst provides analytic support for financial modeling, trend analysis, therapeutic class strategy, and initiative implementation and measurement. Develops custom reports and models used in identifying issues, trends, patterns and relationships to be applied in financial and operational decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITiES
- Develops financial models to project cost or estimate savings for specific business decisions.
- Develops and manages therapeutic class cost and utilization projection models to support budget forecasting, pricing, and strategy development.
- Develops exception reporting and conducts drill down analysis to proactively identify specific opportunities and risks that warrant assessment by the Strategy Development Committee.
- Monitors projection targets. Analyzes, researches, and interprets results, variances, and trends.
- Prepares and maintains strategy documents for therapeutic classes.
- Prepares and communicates trend analysis and recommendations verbally and in writing to committees, clinical staff, management, and clients.
- Develops and manages reporting templates used to analyze and interpret data.
- Designs complex ad hoc reports to support a variety of functional areas.
- Advises Healthcare Analysts in producing reports and interpreting data.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, MIS or related field
Requires minimum five years related experience with minimum two years financial modeling experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
As a government contractor, this position requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security.
- Proven ability to develop financial models
- Knowledge of statistics and other measures used to report and analyze data
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access and an analytic tool such as Business Objects
- Proven analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and have ability to work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that 'constant' refers to more than 81% of time; 'significant' refers to 40-80%; and 'moderate' refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays).
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Constant interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Constant thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one issue to the next.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions - making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Moderate phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Significant amount of time spent working in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D.