Will provide support for computer-based information systems including analysis, development, testing, implementation, documentation and maintenance. Coordinate with vendors to implement, upgrade and maintain software systems. Develop and maintain incoming and outgoing data interfaces needed to meet file submission or reporting requirements. Will develop, maintain and troubleshoot reports.
Systems Development and Support
- Supports staff and systems in the home office and remote locations
- Works directly with internal customers to ensure that their system needs are met
- Recognizes processing/programing inefficiencies, document problems, recommends solutions, initiates corrective actions, informs internal customers of the solutions
- Coordinates the analysis, design, testing and implementation of information systems
- Programs and documents according to departmental standards
- Prepares instructional material for internal customers as needed
- Assists with systems training as needed
- Works closely with other IT Applications Development staff to support all computer based systems
- Assists in the upgrade of applications
- Works with IT Technical Support and Networking staff to evaluate technical environment needed to support computer based systems
- Works with IT Production Support staff to ensure the smooth operation of production systems
- Prepares operational procedures for production processes
- Works with software vendors to implement, enhance and maintain third party software systems
- Develops and maintains production reporting and develops ad hoc reporting as required
- Identifies data elements needed to meet reporting requirements
- Coordinates data loads needed to meet reporting requirements
- Works with internal customers to resolve report discrepancies
- Develops and maintains processes to extract and transfer data
- Automates routine electronic data processes
- Builds and maintains databases
- Assists with database administration
- Assist with performance monitoring, disk space monitoring, security, data backups and restores as needed
- Participates in projects using appropriate project management methodologies.
- Backs up other IT personnel during staff outages.
- Assists with night operations as needed.
- Assists with the development of automation scripts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position must comply with all applicable Louisiana Department of Insurance, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations, as well as other applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Available for two to three business trips annually.
- Available for after hours work as needed to support operational needs.
5 to 10 years health care or related work experience and 5 to 10 years programming experience. Intermediate knowledge of industry software, report writing software, relational databases, data extraction tools, data transfer tools, and data mapping tools. Intermediate knowledge of project management methodologies and tools. Intermediate knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software. Able to communicate effectively with IT staff, internal customers and external business partners. Must be able to work independently and handle multiple priorities. Must possess significant initiative and have excellent organizational skills. A Computer Science or related technical degree is highly preferred. Intermediate knowledge of web-based technology, and previous health care experience are preferred.
Peoples Health, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The Peoples Health Perspective on Employees
In the face of continued growth, our local roots help us maintain a warm and friendly...