Sr. IT Engineer
- Build, configure and maintain high performance clusters.
- Work closely with customer, supplier to provide feedback and resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend cluster configurations based on customer requirement.
- Troubleshoot and validate the entire cluster system during the manufacturing and testing process.
- Able to work well with other engineers in the organization.
- Research and evaluate new products and technologies.
- Familiar with Linux based cluster solutions.
- Knowledge of Windows based cluster solution is a plus.
- Experience in real world cluster deployment.
- Pro-active and self motivated.
- Strong problem solving skills, experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with a diverse set of clients.
- Experience in Linux or UNIX system administration and maintenance, including hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Solid knowledge of hardware, IT products, and solutions.
- Familiar with RAID, HPC server, storage, cluster, linux and Windows operating systems, and cluster management applications, such as Rocks+, Bright Computing management suite, Platform Computing, and Windows HPC Server 2008.
- 4+ years of related experiences.
- BS in related technical field required. MS preferred.
The company offers competitive compensation and benefit programs that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K along with vacation, holidays and sick time.
About the Company
Founded in 1979, AMAX ( www.amax.com ) is a trusted leader in Custom Server and Storage Solutions in North America. Headquartered in Fremont, California, AMAX also operates several branch offices throughout North America and worldwide.
AMAX's expertise drives two key divisions that deliver customized computing solutions to a wide range of industries. AMAX's Appliance Manufacturing Division provides efficient and top-of-the-line manufacturing solutions and global logistics to OEM customers; and AMAX's High Performance Computing Division provides innovative and scalable custom server, workstation, server, and cluster products.
Amax is looking for an upbeat and career motivated talent to join us.
Monster - 22 months ago