The Senior Industry Consultant should have a minimum of 10+ years' retail senior management and leadership experience (VP/Director) in the retail FDM industry and a blended background of actual Food, Drug, Mass (FDM) retail experience and business consulting experience from a consulting firm. This experience should include profit and loss accountability by department/division, solving real world category management, supply chain, store operations and/or marketing/advertising issues, and leading change in their organization and industry. Candidate must understand how to use data to drive business improvements and have experience in supporting source system analysis, data mapping and logical data modeling. The focus for this role is working with leading FDM retailers on project delivery and solution implementation. Process modeling is also desirable. In addition, business consulting experience from a consulting firm, change and process management a plus. Bachelor Degree required and Master's Degree preferred.
Working with the account team, the Senior Industry Consultant (IC) will leverage their FDM retail industry knowledge and data warehouse knowledge to promote sales and support implementation of Teradata data warehouse solutions within Major Accounts and Prospects within the FDM retail industry. The Senior IC has broad knowledge of the retail industry business, leverages their experience on use of data within the industry to drive business improvements. The Senior IC articulates the value of integrated data, models potential return on investment and develops a "trusted advisor" role both internally with account teams and externally with the clients and prospects. The Senior IC establishes or enhances mid-level to executive customer relationships on the business side.
The primary responsibility of the Senior IC is supporting business and/or technical implementations post-sale activities by development of project plans, solution definition, requirements documentation, ROI lifecycle management, data/metric validation and mapping, report rationalization and identification of new target application opportunities within our accounts or prospects. The Senior IC develops high quality, client deliverables on Professional Services engagements and oversees the development of the client engagement model for additional services. In addition, the Senior IC plays an active role on pre-sales activities, ensuring a long-term business partnerships with existing Teradata clients. Daily responsibilities vary by client and project.
Required Skills and Experience:
The senior business consultant will leverage Retail industry knowledge (Food, Drug, Mass Merchandising) experience, and executive level client contacts to promote the sale and lead the delivery of data warehousing / analytic business solutions to a specific client in these retail industries. Specialization in category management, marketing, store operations, supply chain required. MS Project expertise required.
- Comprehensive implementation experience on customer site to define a solution, build project plans, document detailed business requirements and deliver the project on time and within budget.
- A firm understanding of the business processes and metrics that drive category management, marketing, store operations and supply chain success in the FDM retail industry.
- Ability to use retail experience to provide a consultative approach to business problems using highly developed written, conversational and presentation skills.
- Ability to appropriately problem solve and escalate routine issues or challenges that may arise during an implementation.
- A strong understanding of the business benefits, ability to articulate the impact of Information Technology systems that support the FDM retail industries.
- High level understanding of data warehousing, business intelligence and advanced analytics including data mapping and modeling methodology.
- Ability to link and validate required data to business requirements, rules, metrics, and logical data model.
- Relationship building skills with top level executives within the business and technology organizations of a retail FDM companies.
- Comfortable with discussing business and industry issues with senior level executives.
- Project importance of making and keeping commitments, sense of urgency, follow through, high energy level and self starter.
- Ability to develop business case, including establish, calculate and measure ROI (return on investment).
- Results oriented, whether quantitative or qualitative.
- Expertise in MS Office skills, I.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
Play lead role
on large, complex data warehouse solution implementations, or possibly multiple smaller projects.
As the lead industry (business) consultant with a complex client, the role will carry a billable utilization target of
- Work with Account Executives (and account team) to generate new business.
- Understand and document clients' existing business processes, requirements, issues and more to match needs to Teradata business solutions.
- Facilitate the development of new strategies and business requirements to be enabled by data warehousing / analytic solutions.
- Architect a strategic business solution in support of those strategies.
- Provide thought leadership and change management recommendations to clients.
- Stay abreast of industry issues and trends to identify target opportunities.
- Network with key industry contacts and clients.
- Direct other senior and junior business consultants supporting specific projects and during implementations.
High Performance Characteristics:
Client Service Oriented
- Works to anticipate internal and external client needs. Has an overriding commitment to client satisfaction, developing a 'trusted advisor' role within client organization is critical.
Innovative and Resourceful
- Draws from a large pool of diverse resources or information. Develops new approaches for situations in which standard approaches do not apply.
A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter, strategic thinker, work independently and with a team. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise, and advocate for customers
- Adjusts to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change. Accepts and adapts to new or alternative approaches.
1. Consulting skills
2. Presentation & communication skills at the executive level
3. Business acumen and mathematical skills
4. Forward-thinking, visionary
5. Ability to articulate a vision and break it into executable steps
6. Experienced user of large scale data warehouse or decision support solutions
7. Willingness to travel 80%+
8. Familiar with sales tactics
9. Knowledge of consulting competition
10. Issue and conflict resolution
- Respect for Others
- Customer Dedication
- Highest Standards of Integrity
- Commitment to Excellence
- Accountability for Success
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office, customer site, hotels, and other sites. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel expectation is at least 80% within the USA.
- 10+ years of senior management experience in the retail FDM sectors
- Solving real world industry issues (store operations, category management, marketing and supply chain)
- Bachelor Degree, with Master's Degree preferred
- A firm understanding of the business processes and metrics that drive success in the retail FDM industry
- Ability to use industry experience to provide a consultative approach to business problems using highly developed written, conversational and presentation skills
- Ability to discover, calculate and measure ROI (return on investment)
- Ability to execute an implementation project plan on time and on budget
- Business Consulting experience from a consulting firm
- Understanding of data warehousing, business intelligence and logical data modeling principles and concepts
- Understanding of business intelligence reporting tools
- Change management and/or business process consulting experience
- Project Management and/or PMI certification
- Master's Degree
- Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Americas Sales & Services
Teradata - 20 months ago
Trillions of bytes of data don't faze Teradata. The company designs and implements enterprise data warehousing systems that store and...