Marqeta has grown into a payments phenomenon. The +M platform is powering a variety of next generation cards including the recently announced Facebook Card. Marqeta's network of networks approach to payments has taken off and we are focused on building and delivering game changing products. Most importantly, we've made it simple and incredibly effective for consumers and businesses to come together for mutual benefit inside the payments stream, we are providing real solutions.
Our most recent and exciting news is that we've just secured a large Series B round of funding ($22MM total to date) and now we're ready for you to come in to help us scale the technology. We are located in Emeryville, lead by a diverse senior team with decades experience in retail, media and financial services. Check us out:
It is the perfect time to join the technology organization at Marqeta because we are at the ground floor building out our private cloud. We need creative people that are passionate about building systems through automation that are ready to scale. We work with the latest in virtual technology and automation, building out our open source stacks on VMware vSphere and automating the infrastructure with Chef. Our vision is to deploy our private cloud in multiple regions with the click of a button, we need you to build it with us. You will have a significant impact on the technology infrastructure at Marqeta.
Some of the projects you'll tackle in this role will be to:
* Provide technical direction on infrastructure projects.
* Collaborate with our system and application engineers to design, implement and maintain Chef recipes and configuration, all of our Linux systems, and related application services.
* Create automated reporting and trending on mission critical system and application availability.
* Deploy and help grow the virtual infrastructure using VMware Vsphere.
* Integrate key infrastructure building blocks such as DNS, LDAP, NFS/SAN, & Mail.
* Design, implement and maintain backup strategy including DR.
* Provide off-hours on-call support for NOC escalations
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* Professional experience with Chef or Puppet.
* Professional experience with any enterprise monitoring systems like Nagios or Zabbix.
* Knowledge of a programming or scripting language like Unix, Shell, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
* Knowledge of DNS, LDAP, NFS/NIS+, HTTP, SSL and Mail.
* Advanced working knowledge of TCP/IP Networking including security.
Bonus Points for Knowledge of:
* Load balancing and High Availability architecture!
* Java based enterprise web applications and technologies on Linux.
* Enterprise Highly Available RDBMS database system architectures like Oracle/MySQL.
* Competitive salary and benefits package.
* Meaningful equity.
* Great Emeryville location close to public transportation.
* Casual work environment.
* Hack Week.
* Unlimited drinks and snacks.
Authentic Jobs - 20 months ago