Medical Mutual has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Internal Auditor to join our award winning team. With our business growing we are looking for a dynamic individual to join our expanding division. Our Sr. Auditors review and appraise the soundness, adequacy, and application of financial, regulator, and operational internal controls with Medical Mutual.
• Perform risk assessment in accordance with department and IIA standards; meet with management, research industry, interview staff, assess risk and document results for review and discussion with audit and client management.
Design audit programs to audit identified risk in accordance with IIA standards
Direct, train, and review work of other auditors assigned to assist with the audit; assign audit sections to staff, explain objective of testing, ensure they have adequate resources, train and enforce proper auditing techniques, review work papers and provide guidance for clearing work papers.
• In accordance with IIA standards, reviews general, financial, operation and regulatory controls of the company’s (including subsidiaries and vendors) operations to determine whether: (a) controls have been designed according to management direction and legal requirement; (b) such controls are operating effectively to provide reliability, integrity, security over operations and reporting; and (c) financial management and control is adequate.
• In accordance with IIA Standards, conducts operational reviews of the company’s operations function in relation to specific objectives established by Internal Audit management for the purposes of: (a) assessing performance; (b) identifying opportunities for improvement; and (c) developing recommendations for improvement.
• Collects, analyzes, interprets and documents information as part of preparing complete, effective and timely audit reports.
• Report on results of audits in accordance with department and IIA standards; prepare written report and documentation of results; communicate results to management verbally and in writing; endure management action plans address observations and are reasonable.
• Actively participates in reviewing the design and development of significant new processes and company projects.
• Prepares computer extractions as required in performing audit assignments to test transactions and data.
• Bachelor degree required; advanced degree and/or related certifications (CPA, CIA, CISA) preferred. Public accounting experience helpful.
• 3-6 years of internal audit experience required; 6+ years is preferred
• Working knowledge of IIA standards.
• Limited or indirect supervision of day to day work activities and training for auditors assigned to a project.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Performs work in office environment with good lighting, ventilation and clean, quiet surroundings.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Medical Mutual of Ohio - 10 months ago
Medical Mutual of Ohio is a not-for-profit managed care company that provides health insurance products and related services to some 1.6...