Highly technical position with an emphasis on providing expert consultative services to development teams. Considered a technical expert possessing expertise in system implementation and/or deep, specialized knowledge of DTCC applications. Leads and is accountable for knowledge capital development efforts. Has demonstrated experience and expertise in the software implementation lifecycle (SILC), including collection of requirements, documentation of specifications, application design, implementation and support. Works with Leadership to assess project scope and provides estimates for project timelines and cost feasibility as necessary. Requires exceptional technical and analytical skills, particularly in JAVA, Oracle and Websphere. Queue-ing experience (MQ or similar) are highly desirable. Project Management skills are also necessary.
- Assists in the development of estimates for projects
- Contributes to defining time tables and project plans
- Assists in the definition of milestones
- Designs new systems
- Translates functional requirements into technical requirements and design
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for system design
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs
- Provides senior level consulting services on process improvement projects designed to improve system development and operational effectiveness
- Leads knowledge capital development efforts by:
- Designing innovative system solutions and software development techniques
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls and outputs
- Oversees the technical implementation of projects as needed
- Provides production support as necessary
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of the business’s current technology and infrastructure
- Determines what tools should be used to address and resolve the business problem at hand through modeling and understanding key business processes, critical paths, and impact of technology on business processes
- Performs evaluative efforts of new and existing technologies to remain knowledgeable about available tools
- Ensures successful technology evaluation and transfer that aligns information technology with the business
- Determines and rolls out overall security and systems control policies and procedures
Reviews documentation for the user describing the installation, use, and customization of products and services as necessary
- Advises on mechanisms for delivering user help with input from the developer of the application
- Minimum of 5 years of distributed development.
- Minimum of 9 years experience in application development and system analysis.
- Experience analyzing and designing enterprise systems.
- OTC Derivatives experience is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Expert Java/J2EE experience - has designed and developed projects through entire SILC - is required.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the software implementation lifecycle (SILC) is required.
- Experience with WebSphere 6.0, WSAD or RAD 7.5 or other equivalent application servers is required.
- Strong Oracle and PL/SQL is required. Data Warehousing knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of MQ (or other queue-ing systems) is a highly desirable.
- Development experience using EJB, Java, MDB, JSP, C++, JDBC, SQL, JMS, XML and JAXB.
- Can effectively communicate and coordinate across multiple technical disciplines such as database, object-oriented, and Web Front end. Can manage outsourced efforts including offshore resources.
- Maintains current knowledge of marketplace changes, technology changes, and client businesses
- Demonstrates advanced analytical skills
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with PVCS and ANT
- Experience with ETL tools is a plus
- Working knowledge of database modeling and tuning.
- Knowledge of design patterns and their relevant usage.
Education, Training &/or Certification:
- Degree in a technical discipline or related experience preferred
Some responsibility for support/coordination of other team members.
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From...