Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO's Internet Business Unit in the Washington, D.C. metro area is searching for a strong, results oriented JAVA Developer with hands-on experience analyzing, developing and maintaining large scale, mission critical applications in a multi-platform J2EE and web systems environment. This position requires the astute ability to communicate and interact effectively with end-users, other developers, members of the performance testing team, and technical and non-technical management teams.
As a self-starting, team-oriented Senior JAVA Developer at GEICO, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing high-quality code in order to meet project expectations and deadlines. Additionally, you will:
- Become a subject matter expert in the area of standard JAVA open source frameworks such as Struts, Spring and/or Hibernate, and web services including, JSP/JSF/ AJAX, SOAP.
- Use Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS, Oracle, or Tangasol
- Understand and incorporate relational database concepts and SQL queries
- Utilize system development life cycle methodologies (SDLC), and Unix or Linux
- Independently complete JAVA development projects through all life cycle phases
- Troubleshoot production problems
- Use Perforce for source management
- Show an appropriate sense of urgency when it comes to completing time sensitive projects and meeting deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of related JAVA programming / developing experience
- Proficient using Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS, Oracle, or Tangasol
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle SCLC methodologies
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Very effective verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- High level of dependability and demonstrated job stability
$75,000 - $94,000
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete our online application. You will need an active e-mail address, phone number, and we request at least 5 years of employment history. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to come back later.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings may vary for part-time associates and interns.
GEICO - 15 months ago
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...