Title: Senior Linux Administrator
Location: Alexandria, VA
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
We are looking for an onsite Sr. Linux Administrator for our office in the Washington DC area. This is a long term engagement; twelve to sixteen months, with a potential for contract to hire. The client company is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. They have been named three times to the FORTUNE list of "100 Best Companies to Work For in America."
Responsibilities Include -
- Perform system administration and maintenance functions for a Linux-based platform.
- Required to document activities to work within a team environment
- Required to configure, install, build, transport and perform maintenance on Windows and Linux based systems
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoot, and run diagnostic test on operating system and hardware to detect problems.
- Initiate preventive maintenance on the systems as well as be capable of repairing system problems.
- Troubleshoot of system performance and make system modifications to accommodate hardware upgrades.
- Must have RHEL 6.2 (Red Hat Linux - Red Hat Linux 6.2 E was essentially a version of Red Hat Linux 6.2 with different support levels).
- Must have Satellite Server experience. The organization’s Satellite server registers with Red Hat Network and downloads relevant software into Satellite's software channels.
- Experience with Kickstart. The Red Hat Kickstart installation method is used primarily (but not exclusively) by the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system to automatically perform unattended operating system installation and configuration.
- Experience with Redhat Clustering.
- Experience supporting systems administration in Red Hat Linux and Windows within a large multi-platform environment.
- Experience with implementing, supporting, and proactively monitoring complex systems environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline OR five (5) additional years of relevant IT professional experience.