- Channel/Industry/Expertise: serve as an expert on the VMN Entertainment brands, and their target audiences to all clients: Sales, Research, co-workers and agencies.
- Stay informed of industry happenings and be the go-to source/resource for Sales.
- Work closely with Ad Sales team and Research co-workers to build strong relationships.
- Participate in meetings offering insights and share best practices as well as individual day-to-day happenings.
- Be the voice of the LA regional office from a Research vantage-point. Work independently on problem solving and creating projects to move business forward beyond day-to-day requests; being proactive.
- Striving to make meaningful contributions both oral and written.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret Nielsen ratings data
- Create thoughtful and innovative audience analyses in order to best position and distinguish our networks in the marketplace.
- Be the leader/point-person on movie and video game categories for Sales/Ad Sales Research.
- Work on projects assigned by Senior Director and VP’s.
- Minimum 5 years of media research experience within cable television.
- Strong analytical and numeric skills required
- Proficiency in Media Math and Nielsen systems (NPower, Ad*Views) and Star Media. Audience Watch and Lake 5 a plus.
- Must be an independent, self-starter who is proactive; ability to initiate and lead projects, think strategically and tell a compelling story
- Experience using consumer based studies such as MRI, Forrester, JD Power and Iconoculture.
- Strong PC skills (advanced knowledge of PowerPoint & Excel a must)
- Related BS or BA preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ad Sales Research experience is a plus
- Team-oriented with the flexibility to work effectively within a group or independently
- Strong inter-personal skills; comfortable being the “go-to” person for research insights
- Detail oriented, flexible and highly organized with ability to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines and handle multiple projects
Viacom - 18 months ago