Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon Worldwide has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing. Daymon Worldwide provides its leading-edge services through multiple business units organized under one corporate umbrella. As a company of 22,000 associates operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none.
The Sr. Manager of Category and Supplier will target, develop, sell and manage key category platforms and solutions for Daymon’s retail customers on a global scale. The Sr. Manager is savvy at consultative selling, consumer analysis, marketing segmentation and research and has a creative approach to crafting solutions that consumers want to purchase. They will support a consumer –centric, customer-focused approach; strategic vs. transactional dialogue and are accountable to implement the alignment between our supplier partners and retailers. In addition, they advise on ways for Daymon to continue to create value and drive profitable sales, drive brand reinvention, expansion, and category leadership. Effectively deliver on the Company’s core value proposition of being the full-service global retail branding and sourcing partner.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions:
- Develop / execute transform and growth category solutions s elling to the senior-most executives of target customers that drive volume and profit growth for Daymon customers with executable timelines
- Drive the creative development, delivery, and performance of custom account category platforms with a strong focus upon consumer insights and the 6 P’s (Product, Placement, Packaging, Pricing, Promotion, and People)
- Ensuring the highest level of customer/customer team satisfaction through successful execution of category platform strategies and follow ups to close loops
- Successfully sell in and manage 1-3 year platform strategies into complex, large accounts where multiple constituencies must be aligned to assure buy-in and execution success.
- Focus upon strategic and key suppliers, Risk Mitigation and New Supply Sources
- Develop information on retailer need gaps in category
- Continued expansion of BDT Standardized Category and BIC overview platforms
- Leverage and align with retailers to optimize category solutions
- Focus on category and consumer marketing
- Ongoing market analysis and assessment of overall category, competitors and global market intelligence with a focus on the future and value creation.
- Proactively identify strategic opportunities and risks in collaboration with stakeholders to accelerate category growth
- Actively analyze impacts of category programs in key selling channels and evaluate them for effectiveness and build on successful programs.
- Cross selling of Daymon services that lead to incremental revenue
- Expand dedicated Supplier Analytical services where applicable
- Explore International expansion with suppliers that make sense
- Facilitate and take part in knowledge sharing processes with Daymon associates throughout the organization
- Think and act strategically as well as tactically in the performance of the job
- Financially accountable for overall category growth and revenue
- Create / Build on elevating Transform and Grow consumer centric solutions by implementing the model to provide thought leadership and grow Private Brand space & share at our retailers creating opportunities for our suppliers
- Fully execute Transform and Grow category solutions
- Fully execute Supplier and Retailer mgt and relationships for assigned categories
- Support LAMP Principles to drive supplier relationships
- Successfully develop well-rounded category solutions that assist in the growth and development of all Daymon service companies
- Train, develop and lead customer and supplier relations efforts to be know/recognized as the category expert (if applicable)
- Contribute to Daymon’s effort to be an employer of choice as measured by survey results, associate feedback and turnover
- Direct the strategic vision and goals for the Transform and Grow categories in area of accountability
- Build on the work done on the Signature Supplier Partner Experience by implementing the supplier segmentation model to protect and grow partnerships and empower Daymon relationship owners
- Ensure the profitability of business strategies
- Partner with account teams to negotiate brokerage rates and fiercely protect Daymon interests with suppliers
- Fiercely protect, m anage and own relationships at the Executive and Middle Management with key suppliers, retailers and colleagues
- Fiercely protect assigned customers by initiating, maintaining, and growing relationships with our customer teams and our retail customers
- Serve as the comprehensive point of contact for assigned category platforms supporting Daymon accounts (on and off premise at the account) via category management and insights to achieve objectives and move the business forward.
Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree with combined Sales and Marketing experience
- Possess a minimum of 6-7 years direct sales and/or marketing management experience in the industry in a leadership position
- Demonstrated retailer interface, knowledge of their points of difference, equity and unique approaches to product development and category management
- Must have the ability to develop relationships with management both inside the customer and supplier and at prospective new customers and suppliers
- Lead new initiatives into implementation through effective collaboration
- Possess strong multi-tasking and project management skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and passion
- Must be driven for results, with a bias for action
- Understanding of what it takes to bring a product to the marketplace as well as in-depth consumer marketing
- Up to 20% travel required
- Possess outstanding communications and inspirational presentation skills
- Ability to create compelling platforms and solutions and have the ability to persuasively drive initiatives to fruition in all channels of trade (Grocery, Drug, Mass, Convenience, etc.)
- Must be team oriented with broad functional skills that enable the individual to organize and energize their internal and external company colleagues to fully deliver upon the customer’s needs
- Ability to analyze and turn data from all sources into actionable category recommendations including syndicated Nielsen, Spectra data, MRI, Mintel, and qualitative custom consumer research studies.
- Able to work in a multi-faceted environment that is fast paced and travel extensive
Daymon - 13 months ago