Job Title: Sr. Manager - Events Marketing
Job ID: 315321
Location: Plano, Texas
Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Corporate Events Senior Manager
JC Penney Company, Inc.
jcpenney is currently going through a historic companywide transformation that will take our organization to the next level! Our aim is to become “America’s Favorite Store” through providing quality good, products, and services to every American. Our goal is really pretty simple – we want to help our customers look and live better every day, while bringing back the fun of shopping.
In order to accomplish this mission we are seeking out top talent to join our organization. jcpenney offers an environment and culture were you can find yourself — your style, your purpose, and your career. Come and be part of our story as we make retail history!
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Directs and participates in the planning, development and execution of all elements required for retail brand marketing events, (local and national in scope) including agendas, production and operational plans, media and celebrity management, and all necessary entertainment and transportation execution.
- Manages the development of creative concepts and technical support for all retail brand launches (fashion and home), engagement events, in-store events, and large scale national events.
- Manages supplier relationships effectively. Develops cost saving through negotiations and manages the procurement and execution of contracts with all hospitality and travel partners, venues, audio visual, registration, and merchandise suppliers. Possesses thorough knowledge of contractual language as it pertains to events.
- Consults closely with senior management and other client departments in planning program objectives, developing budgets, building content and formats, and recommending venues and all other logistical aspects of events.
- Manages event support expenditures and controls internal client budgets. Develops and prepares appropriate reports.
- Monitors event activities to ensure compliance with company and industry regulations, standards, laws and ethical statements.
- Represents the company at major association meetings in order to remain current on event methodology and current legislation which impacts the planning of company events.
Our corporate office supports the jcpenney stores nationwide. For your flawless and impeccable support we offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical/dental, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, and a merchandise discount plan for all jcpenney retail locations.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience within corporate events marketing or agency event production.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) certification and Certification in Meeting Management (CMM) a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in corporate events marketing, including knowledge of full scale event planning and execution.
- Possesses industry knowledge and strong negotiating skills to deal with sales representatives of hotels, airlines, transportation, entertainment and other event communication suppliers.
- Decision-making, organizing work, building relationships.
JCPenney - 18 months ago
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...