Sr. Manager - Membership Marketing (Chat and Phone)-13011721
The mission of the Membership Marketing Chat & Phone Acquisition and Welcome Call Team is to convert callers and chatters into engaged card members by selling the value of membership. Our team manages all areas of marketing for our acquisition inbound call centers (which are outsourced to partner vendors) – this includes campaign execution activities, and more importantly development and execution of sales and marketing strategies aimed at improving the effectiveness of our Customer Care Professionals (CCPs) and the customer experience. Our team and our CCPs bring billions of new revenue to American Express through 1.5 MM calls per year to apply for more than 25 card products across eight sub-channels. We work closely with teams across acquisition, product management, world service, and OPEN.
This Senior Manager role has primary areas of responsibility:
(1) development and execution of a call center sales strategy and
(2) co-brand partner product and Dial Transfer Channel champion
(1) As the primary marketing contact with external acquisition call center partners, this Senior Manager has the opportunity to set and execute on a strategy to drive the team’s key metrics of sales conversion and customer satisfaction, overseeing that strategy across 2 call centers and 250 CCPs. This strategy will build upon a 4+ year behavioral sales strategy to drive step change improvements in effectiveness by empowering a team of CCPs and operations supervisors through sales behaviors and techniques, sales scripting, incentive plans and other motivational change management strategies.
(2) As co-brand champion this Senior Manager is responsible for the seamless execution and continual improvement of cobrand dial transfer channel performance. This is done in close partnership with the team in World Service responsible for the day to-day operations. Marketing responsibilities include new campaign setup, call/card forecasting and reporting, providing timely
updates to CCPs on card changes, and overseeing the launch of new partner cards and refreshes within the channel. This role offers ownership of a strategy and its execution as well as results of an entire channel. It also provides significant exposure to World Service, Membership marketing, and co-brand partner teams, while developing sales and relationship management, strategy and analytics, and an opportunity to own significant channel results.
- Passion for the customer, our products, and the brand
- Ability to build relationships with and inspire diverse groups of people from call center CCPs to senior leaders and internal teams
- Ability to evolve strategy, create new game-changing strategy, implement end-to-end, and move between big picture and details
- Comfort with translating marketing initiatives / language to consumer conversational sales dialogue and operational details
- Creative solutions orientation when faced with ambiguous situations
- Ability to rigorously prioritize, multi-task, work well under pressure, and adjust to changing priorities
- Call center experience preferred, sales/marketing experience is a plus
B.A. and five years of experience
Primary Location: United States
US-New York-New York
American Express - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...