The Senior Manager of solution product management team will be part of the Solutions and Services Engineering Team within the Global Technology Solutions organization and will be responsible for managing a team of solution product managers. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for working with the global stakeholders (BUs, Field SE, PSO, SISO and partner programs) and build solution and services IP offerings aligned to the overall VMware GTM strategy and the direct needs of the global stakeholders. The Sr. Manager will also collaborate with BU Product Management, Solutions Marketing, and Engineering teams as the primary representative of the GTS solution and services engineering organization and will be be responsible for the overall management of the GTS solutions and services portfolio. Preferred location is Palo Alto but open to anywhere in USA for the right candidate.
As a senior leader in the GTS solutions and services engineering team, the Sr. Manager for Solution Product Management will
- be responsible for the product management function within GTS
- work with GTS Plan and Management team as part of the governance process and Interfacing with key stakeholders across VMware including product BUs, Geo SE and PSO org, SISO and partner program
- capture key requirement and priorities from the different stakeholders and define/evolve solution portfolio
- define the solutions and services IP initiatives and own the solution and services roadmap
- be responsible for managing the overall solutions and services IP Portfolio across GTS and managing the roadmap
- work closely with the solution engineering managers to scope and execute the different roadmap initiatives
- have joint responsibility with solutions marketing for rollout and enablement activities
- manage the solution product managers responsible for the individual solution areas and evolve the SPM framework for efficiency and strong stakeholder alignment and interlock.
At least 8 years experience in software development/professional services/alliances/solution engineering/consulting/technical sales with expertise in leading teams architecting and deploying virtualization & cloud solutions; rolling out new technology, developing solution initiatives and professional service tools & materials.
--Experience with industry solutions/verticals (healthcare, financials etc.) strongly recommended
- Deep experience in solution and services IP development lifecycle and GTM Enabelment
- Previous experience in a product management role highly desired
- Strong understanding of the virtualization solutions and cloud computing
- Leadership experience in professional services, including architecture oversight, mentorship and project management
Skills and understanding of virtualization products and solutions from VMware strongly desired.
Needs to have well rounded technical and people management experience especially in cloud and virtualization solutions space.
Location : Broomfield, CO, US
- Good understanding of virtualization and infrastructure solutions including servers, storage and network
- Self Starter with strong collaborative skills
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and escalate as necessary
- Ability to work in ambiguous and highly dynamic environment
- Ability to work under tight timeframes an still deliver high quality content
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with solution engineering managers and architects to drive the solution development
- Experience presenting to Executive level audience a must
- Experience presenting to large audiences such as technical conferences
- Familiarity with Agile Development Methodology
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Requisition Number : 33362BR
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segments: Cloud, Computer Science, Consulting, Engineer, Engineering, Management, Manager, Marketing, Marketing Manager, Operations, Product Manager, Project Manager, Senior Product Manager, Technology, Virtualization
Mozy - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Mozy is the leader in online data backup for consumers and businesses. With more than 750,000 users and 20,000 business customers, Mozy...