Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Human Resources Manager will be working in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment. The successful incumbent will oversee the Human Resources activities in two manufacturing plants (St. Elmo and Mattoon) and be a strategic partner to the Plant Director in Mattoon and Plant Manager in St. Elmo. To perform this role successfully, the incumbent must be able to spend approximately half of their time in each of these locations. This position will report directly to the Plant Director in Mattoon and indirectly to the Plant Manager in St. Elmo.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other Duties May Be Assigned)
Day to day responsibilities and tasks of the position include:
- Serve as a member of the Plant Leadership teams with responsibility for developing a team culture that drives high performance.
- Provide leadership and direction, partnering with the direct reports to the Plant Director and Plant Manager, ensuring their teams operate in a manner that drives high performance.
- Provide functional expertise and HR leadership
- Ensure division objectives, goals, strategies and metrics are communicated and delivered and employees are evaluated in a fair manner.
- Lead various core annual programs including but not limited to: objective setting, performance evaluations, compensation planning, talent assessment and succession planning.
- Partner closely with HR Specialists in the area of Staffing, Organization Development, Compensation and the Legal department in areas including performance management and labor relations.
- Ensure plants are in compliance with local, state and federal laws as well as established HR processes and procedures
- Ensure manufacturing plants are staffed with the highest caliber of talent
- Lead / administer Plant level training programs with the heaviest focus on the hourly supervisor level employees
- Lead performance issue resolution
- Serve as the employee advocate and building strong, collaborative relationships with Union leadership
- Facilitate communication across the organization providing guidance to employees and leaders on problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and litigation avoidance.
- Other duties may be assigned
Two direct reports
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to solve complex matters
- Ability to Influence Others
- Driving for results
- Creative and innovative
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with assessing and developing talent
- Performance Management
- Knowledge of EEO and Affirmative Action
- Labor relations
- Basic compensation
5+ years of experience in HR with at least 2-3 leading HR in a manufacturing environment
College degree required
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Monster - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard