Sr. Manager IT Data Warehouse
Provide leadership and enable one or more teams to successfully execute and fulfill IT and business objectives. Translate the IT vision to tactics. Responsible for operational efficiency and quality, business support and delivery of multiple concurrent, complex projects. Identify best practices and propose/drive recommendations that influence the project roadmap. Responsible for complete cycle of group baseline and project financial reporting and analysis. Manage one or multiple teams, including subordinate managers, owning full personnel responsibility to select, hire, develop and retain experienced staff.
- Manage the overall planning, execution and success of the project and project teams.
- Build effective and collaborative partnerships within and outside IT (internal business partners, external consultants, and other IT managers and staff) to ensure productive and adaptable working relationships.
- Collaborate with senior management and peers to translate corporate and functional business objectives into strategic/tactical plans.
- Identify and advocate for business needs, technical solutions, and resource requirements.
- Develop, implement and enhance best practices in IT methodologies and facilitate process improvement.
- Manage the estimation of resource efforts (engineering, testing, business or product analysis, etc.) to responsibly minimize costs.
- Participate in package software selection and vendor negotiations.
- Oversee resource allocation, plan implementation and roll out system changes.
- Proactively identify and resolve resource conflicts; balance resources to accommodate demand; set resource priorities.
- Take ownership of program budgets and meet budget guidelines for the group.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Responsible for talent selection, development and retention within the group.
- Responsible for staff and subordinate manager career development, training in IT and business skills, and problem resolution.
- Support and train subordinate managers to attract, select and retain critical talent.
- Ensure that staff develop optimal WSI knowledge, attitude and success skills; act as a mentor within or outside of the team.
- Conduct performance appraisals of direct reports and offer regular performance feedback. Proactively manage performance issues.
- Provide opportunities through job enrichment, assignments, etc. for staff to grow into increasing levels of responsibility.
- Manage project development resources, maximizing throughput and resource balancing for a staff of -approximately 20 full-time technical professionals (including consultant resources).
- Recruit, retain and engage the development team through technical mentoring and coaching
- Design, manage and track our data driven development lifecycle.
- Ensure adherence to extensible and scalable data warehouse design and operational best practices.
- Drives process change, specifically around best-practices in data warehousing
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, information systems or other related field, or -equivalent work experience; MBA preferred. -Extensive knowledge and proven success in the implementation and evolution of multi-TB, multi-subject area Data Warehouse solutions.
- Retail industry, MDM implementation experience and/or Teradata experience are highly valued
- A minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in Information Technology including at least 5 years effective senior-level people and project management experience in all phases of large, complex applications systems analysis, development and implementation.
- Demonstrated success in working effectively with internal business partners, vendors, and consultant resources.
- Strong team building, IT staff development, change management, and general leadership skills.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to be both directive and collaborative as appropriate to the situation.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, and...