- Identify, Research, and Deliver Consumer and Shopper Insights
- Translate category or customer business issues into research objectives and strategic business questions in order to develop research projects that provide actionable shopper insights to both marketing and sales.
- Interface with customers regularly to deliver Consumer and Shopper Insights that drive strategies and tactics to optimize both company and customer sales. In addition, understand focus categories of key customers and develop a partneship for Consumer and Shopper insights.
- Work cross functionally with marketing, sales, trade marketing, market research, and consumer promotions, aligning objectives across all stakeholders, to design projects and execute shopper insights that can be implemented across the organization and drive initiatives.
- Develop engaging shopper/consumer insight presentations that intertwine multiple data sources to develop and demonstrate shopper habits across all categories. Presentations will be used to provide strategies and drive sales and marketing initiatives internally and externally.
- Assist in developing thought leadership to help drive Category “Best in Class” practices in shopper marketing programs and an optimized category shopping experience.
- Co-Manage Category Insight Initiatives
- Assist in developing and managing Category Management initiatives to increase Sales, Market Share and Profitability.
- Champion consumer & shopper research initiatives to provide Category Insights.
- Co-Develop and ManageIRI/Vendor Strategy
- Continuous improvement opportunity development
- Drive Best Practices Initiatives
- Assist in managing, developing, and building theIRI/vendor relationship to continue to drive innovative research design that can provide insights to key shopper business questions
- Develop People and Direct Reports
- Provide leadership and assistance in the Category Development department
- Lead training for analysts on shopper/consumer insights
- Continuous development for direct reports and interns
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years Consumer Packaged Goods history
- Category Management experience
- Experience in vendor relations/contract negotiations a plus
- Experience in retailer relations a plus
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong technical skills in Excel, Power Point,IRIor AC Nielsen
- Sound understanding of Syndicated and Panel Data implementation
- Sound understanding of Retailer Club Card Data implementation
- Ability to train category analysts/interns
(440) 243-5151 x228
CPG CatNet - 9 months ago