Sr. Manager, Engineering Integration (Handguns) - Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Remington Arms Company is one of the world's most respected names in sporting goods for hunting and shooting, military and law enforcement. We currently have an opening for a Senior Manager, Engineering Integration (Handguns) in our Research and Development Technology Center located in Elizabethtown, Kentucky.
Conceives, researches, plans, designs, develops, and implements (into production) new products and/or manufacturing equipment/systems by performing the following duties.
- Researches and analyzes and/or supervises the research and analysis of data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application and project potential results, benefits and/or failure modes.
- Designs and/or supervises the design of products, parts or systems for introduction into the sporting arms and ammunition marketplace.
- Designs and/or supervises the design of products and/or systems to interface machines, hardware and software.
- Plans and directs support personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus / equipment and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
- Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products / systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Directs and coordinates activities involved in application, operation, and repair of products / systems.
- Evaluates field and manufacturing issues and recommends design modifications to eliminate same.
- Manages development projects to their completion by documenting and transferring manufacturing data to the Production Organization.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive engineering knowledge applicable to the design, development and testing of firearms and ammunition products.
- Plans and conducts complex engineering experiments to test, prove or modify the actual or theoretical response of systems.
- Conducts research into unexplored areas of the firearms and ammunition business.
- Evaluates findings to develop new concepts, products, equipment or processes.
- Develops applications of findings to new uses.
- Prepares technical reports/presentations for use by Engineering or Management personnel for long and short range planning or for use by Marketing personnel in sales or technical services activities.
- Conducts final product application testing in a real world environment (Field Tests) to ensure consumer product satisfaction is maintained at a high level.
- Monitors and approves program direction for projects earmarked as Concept/Feasibility Products via internal Design Reviews.
- On-site integration leader for new programs and daily product support.
- Duties include but are not limited to: product conception; component/assembly design; detailed part modeling; interface with outside vendors; prototype builds, schedule generation; budget responsibilities or the supervision thereof; interface with all levels of management.
- Time spent in Supervision, Engineering and Field Testing is expected to be split approximately 50/40/10, respectively.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science from an accredited or nationally recognized college or university; and a minimum of fifteen years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Firearms or ammunition related experience a plus.
- Proficiency with CAD/CAM/CAE software, finite element analysis and mechanical simulation programs a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft PC based software.
- Program management skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents (including government agency/military procurement documents).
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Remington - 16 months ago