Responsible for providing business direction and project management for strategic projects and global corporate initiatives of a highly complex nature. Acts as a single point of contact for facilitating resolution to cross functional operational issues. Takes the projects from original concept through final implementation. Defines the business scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports for all business resources and end users. Responsible for ensuring the project delivers the business operational needs and requirements. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables from a business standpoint. Helps to identify, analyze, and track issues and solutions to problems. Leads a team of project managers and business analysts in supporting major corporate initiatives.
1. Responsible for successful implementation of key strategic projects and global corporate initiatives. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops preliminary project plan and design, determines necessary resources, and project timeline. Develops risk mitigation & contingency plans. Leads project managers and business analysts in supporting major corporate initiatives.
2. Assigns individual responsibilities and acts as a business & project management resource for project team members. Collaborates with Product Management, IS, and key business owners to ensure projects are effectively implemented to meet business need and minimize operational risk & disruption. Creates, documents, and defines operation procedures where needed.
3. Provides significant leadership and direction for the strategic projects and key corporate initiatives. Serves as a point of escalation for critical project issues requiring a high degree of expertise and/or discretion to ensure timely resolution. Identifies repetitive questions and/or problems and recommend process improvements so corrective action can be pursued and expedited.
4. Reviews and tracks status of project and deliverables and provides project updates to business management and Senior Leadership. Conducts presentations regarding project status and current issues. Effectively escalates project risks and areas requiring Senior Leadership intervention.
5. Provides assistance to Product Management, IS, and business team members with issues needing cross-functional expertise or complex business knowledge. Mentors others to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with policies & procedures, business processes and workflow.
6. Works on special projects as assigned.
-Bachelor's degree in Health Care, Business, or related field
-Certification in project management and/or 3-5 years of previous project management
-4-8 years of experience in business requirements analysis or ¿Lean¿ Operations / LSS experience
-Solid Leadership skills, demonstrated ability to lead, oversee and motivate cross-functional teams in a complex corporate environment
-Excellent communication skills / Strong executive presence
-Strong organizational, presentation and PC skills
-Demonstrated capacity to deliver against aggressive goals.
-Strong Problem Solving / Analytical skills
-Solid working knowledge of operational metrics and business case development (i.e. NPV/ROI)
-Understanding of Healthcare Industry a plus
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Express Scripts - 7 months ago
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.