The position is accountable for managing the region’s accounts receivable portfolio in a manner that increases the customer’s purchasing power, optimizes the customer’s cash flow, and maximizes ScanSource, Inc. (“ScanSource”) sales opportunities, while maintaining trade credit underwriting and Foreign Exchange exposure within ScanSource’s predetermined risk parameters. The Reseller Financial Services Manager (“Manager”) will be a key leader in hiring, developing, and retaining talented employees to create a center of excellence for the underwriting and collection functions. The Manager will create a team that develops, recommends, and implements best practices as it relates to the underwriting and collection functions. The individual will maintain strong internal controls and compliance with ScanSource’s guidelines and procedures, in addition to be familiar with in-country credit related laws. The individual will possess strong financial analysis and negotiation skills, and utilize their experience to drive productivity and results by implementing innovative solutions that benefit the customer and ScanSource. The successful person in this position must demonstrate effective leadership skills and the ability to coach and mentor direct reports to drive performance in customer relationship and account management. This highly motivated individual must be able to implement change and have a positive impact on the team.
Essential Job Duties:
I. Leadership and Teamwork
The Manager will exhibit confidence in self and others, inspire and motivate others to perform well, effectively influence actions and opinions of others, give and accept feedback, deliver appropriate recognition, be a decision-maker, and look for ways to encourage team growth.
1. Oversee work performance of employees and establish goals aligned with ScanSource and Reseller Financial Services (“RFS”). Provide written guidelines and procedures with instruction, information, and education to enable the team to be successful.
2. Provide direction and training to LA division RFS team members through daily interaction on business issues and in organized group settings (e.g., department meetings, training sessions).
3. Ensure compliance to guidelines and procedures in adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and work cooperatively to address and resolve any potential findings.
4. Conduct customer account portfolio reviews to track and drive team performance through coaching and mentoring employees.
5. Manage and encourage team members to implement process improvements and achieve annual business goals.
6. Give continuous feedback to employees. Deliver annual staff performance reviews, and guide employees through Individual Development Plan for long-term career growth.
7. Set an example for the RFS team by putting the needs of the team above one’s own interests and demonstrating a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
8. Communicate and coordinate with the Corporate RFS management team to ensure consistency within ScanSource.
II. Customer Account Management
Responsibilities include the administration and coordination of customer accounts and monitoring risk within ScanSource’s accounts receivable portfolio.
1. Oversee and conduct reviews of customer files to maintain proper, accurate, and complete documentation for the RFS team’s collaboration.
2. Oversee the proper documentation of customer accounts with detailed information for adequate and efficient back-up coverage (i.e., activity log, GetPaid).
3. Monitor and approve pending orders within predetermined time-periods and underwriting authority and ensure that the orders comply with agreed terms of sale.
4. Identify and provide relevant information related to changing trends on a customers’ account, (i.e., recent customer success, change in financial condition, and change in payment pattern).
5. Interact extensively with RFS personnel to determine and implement appropriate account resolution with regard to underwriting, collections and/or recovery decisions.
6. Communicate with ScanSource’s sales unit personnel, customers’ executive team and personnel in order to resolve past due balances, discrepancies and underwriting issues.
7. Prepare monthly reports of accounts receivable performance and significant underwriting and/or past dues exposures.
8. Develop, monitor, and achieve past due percentage goals for customer deductions and short pays. Distribute monthly performance reports that identify deductions by type and aging. Recommend and implement solutions for improvement.
9. Coach team members to achieve annual past due percentage goals.
10. Effectively manage an assigned customer account portfolio by building positive relationships with customers’ executive teams and ScanSource’s internal departments while keeping past dues percentage at acceptable levels.
III. Financial Underwriting
The Manager is responsible for executing strategic day-to-day management of customer account underwriting and must be able to develop strong customer relationships. The individual in this position will work to understand the customer’s business needs and collaborate with the RFS and Sales teams to ensure the development and implementation of relationship, analytical and technical solutions.
1. Analyze creditworthiness of customers to determine acceptable levels of risk. Underwrite and approve aggregate credit extension within approval authority; and above through recommendations to appropriate authority level for approval.
2. Understand customers’ financing needs and leverage resources available from ScanSource and third party financial vendors to augment underwriting in excess of the customer’s approved Trade Credit Limit.
3. Engage and update appropriate sales unit personnel as necessary.
4. Ensure a high degree of accuracy, consistency, confidentiality, and timeliness when analyzing financial statements, writing a financial review, and completing RFS forms.
5. Communicate directly with new and existing customers in establishing, negotiating, and adhering to aggregate credit extension and account payment terms.
6. Coordinate activities with available resources (e.g., Collateral Specialist, Legal Department, Account Recovery Coordinator, Sales, etc.) to mitigate risk and enhance sale opportunities.
7. Participate in the development of RFS financial tools including, but not limited to, areas involving financial analysis, benchmarking, alternative financing solutions, expanding customers’ purchasing power, optimizing customers’ cash flow, and increasing the overall efficiency of the department.
8. Oversee and/or prepare customer financial reviews in accordance with RFS guidelines and procedures.
IV. Business Development
Build strong business relationships with customers and gain an understanding of the customer’s business model and financial requirements. Expand financial value-added services that maintain business relationships through constant communication with customers’ executives and departments within ScanSource.
1. Serve as a customer advocate by asking discovery questions to understand the customers’ business and proactively present the best financial options for the customer’s consideration and potential implementation.
2. Periodically review and present options that increase the customer’s purchasing power, optimize the customer’s cash flow, and maximize ScanSource sales opportunities.
3. Provide customers with feedback on market trends in their business; provide information to customers concerning best practices in the industry.
4. Work in partnership with sales, marketing, business development, and operations to develop customer management strategies, resolve business matters, and discuss customer account status.
5. Interact extensively with sales executives and personnel, and customers’ executives and personnel to negotiate transactions and communicate underwriting decisions.
6. Compile and evaluate data for credit/financial benchmarking, credit/financial score and constant reporting.
7. Gather industry and competitive information to understand trends and best practices. Occasionally attend trade shows to interact with customers and sales to understand challenges and implement solutions.
V. Business Process Efficiencies
Drive the development and implementation of process improvements to promote efficiencies and improve customer experience.
1. Rethink, redesign, and implement business processes to achieve improvements in cost, quality, speed, and service.
2. Recommend and execute technology improvements to drive productivity.
3. Encourage and develop business practices to enable ScanSource to advance its competitive position.
4. Analyze and make enhancements to processes that are not allowing business needs to be achieved.
VI. Supports Finance Director, Division President, and Team
Assist with the development and achievement of ScanSource and RFS department objectives.
1. Forecast bad debt reserves that accurately reflect high-risk customers.
2. Assist and/or prepare reports for communication of RFS team monthly performance.
3. Develop reporting to ensure adherence to RFS guidelines and procedures.
4. Manage and control ScanSource’s operating expenses to conform to annual allocation (e.g., personnel cost, equipment purchases, travel expenses).
5. Ensure consistency among the RFS team members through constant communication with RFS management.
VII. Other Duties as Assigned
This includes any additional responsibilities or assignments not listed within the job description.
The Manager will report to the Finance Director, Latin America division. The Manager will also assist the Vice President, Worldwide Reseller Financial Services, in the planning and implementing of worldwide RFS strategy, execution of worldwide policy, goal setting, and receivable analysis and reporting. Internal contacts include all business, support, and administrative units of ScanSource. External contacts include senior and mid-level customer personnel and business partners.
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in accounting/finance and seven to ten tears working experience within a credit and financial management discipline. In addition, experience in credit, financial analysis, alternative financing solutions, negotiation, team development, and management of professional.
1. Bilingual (English and Spanish).
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relate well to all levels of management.
3. Strong problem solving, decision-making, and timely follow-up skills with demonstrated abilities to work well within defined time restraints and pressures situations.
4. Organizational skills, time management skills, the highest qualities of leadership, professionalism, and teamwork.
5. The ability to eagerly adapt to change and assist the team in managing change.
6. Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
7. Proficiency in computer software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, Excel, Word) and the ability to learn enterprise resource planning applications.
8. An in depth understanding of business management environment, financial statement analysis, accounting conventions and specifically industry financial standards and trends.
9. Comprehensive understanding in aspects of commercial law including negotiable instruments, bankruptcy law, legal procedures, and the Uniform Commercial Code requirements.
10. Strong management, coaching, and motivational skills.
11. A commitment to the center of excellence.
1. Financial underwriting and customer relationship experience in distribution environment and/or technology industry.
2. Credit related professional certifications.
3. Flooring planning and/or leasing experience.
1. Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
2. Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for this position.
3. Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
4. Ability to lift 10 pounds.
ScanSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ScanSource, Inc. - 10 months ago
ScanSource, Inc. is a wholesale distributor of specialty technology products, providing distribution sales to resellers in the specialty tec...