Fortinet is seeking an expert Sr. Manager of Software Development QA to help manage and develop the Wireless QA Team in Sunnyvale. This is an exciting opportunity for an expert in network test solutions and wireless products; with tremendous leadership and growth potential. If you enjoy making meaningful contributions and developing the next generation of leaders at one of the leading network security firms, this is a great fit for you! |
- Design, develop, and execute network test solutions for wireless products; including scripts for automated regression testing.
- Design, develop, and execute indoor/outdoor wireless validation plans such as wireless Range and Throughput tests.
- Identify, reproduce, characterize, and log bugs.
- Verify fixes for bugs as well as plan/execute additional tests needed for fix verification.
- Execute performance, interoperability, and system level tests.
- Analyze failures and/or defects and recommend corrective actions.
- Setup customer configurations and perform testing at a System and Solutions level.
- Proactively work with engineers in debugging software and hardware solutions during new product development.
Job Skills Required
- Strong experience in WLAN testing in advanced/security protocols -WEP, 802.1x, WPA/TKIP, WPA2/AES/802.11i, WME/WMM/802.11e, QoS
- Solid automation experience
- Over 8 years of experience of Functional/Feature Testing as well as System Testing for wireless LAN products.
- Strong knowledge of WLAN, L2/L3 (Ethernet, TCP/IP), SNMP, HTTP, Linux/UNIX/Windows operating systems.
- Experience in using network monitoring and analysis tools to debug Ethernet/Wireless/IP layer problems.
- Self-motivated and passionate about software testing; and thorough and detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and drive for resolutions in an amicable manner.
- Quickly learning ability for new technologies
- 3 years or more team management experience
B.S./M.S. in related field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Networking Engineering
Fortinet - 22 months ago