The Product Marketing team is seeking an analytical, experienced, and passionate leader to drive strategic planning for our product marketing organization.
The Senior Strategic Marketing Manager will be a key strategic partner for the VP of Product Marketing. S/he will drive the development of key deliverables that guide marketing + product launch plans across all product and property efforts, driving efficiency, collaboration and interaction across marketing teams worldwide. Success in this role requires a combination of analytical rigor, and strategic aptitude. A broad set of marketing skills is required and you must understand the bigger picture as well as all the steps and process to get a project or campaign to the finish line. The ideal candidate will have a background in product and brand marketing, be excellent at analyzing data, and have experience driving successful product marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will also have strong partnering skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple programs at the same time.
This person will partner with product marketing leads to provide regular strategic updates to senior management partners. S/he will also identify ways to maximize cross product and property interaction and partnership and evaluate key strategic opportunities to maximize product and property launch and life cycle efforts
- Lead key marketing meetings to maximize communication and efficiency
- Own key dashboards and e-staff updates for product marketing teams
- Partner closely with other marketing functional leads to improve processes, communication, speed and efficiency cross teams
- Review and advise marketing leadership re: global consumer marketing programs in order to increase consumer awareness, acquisition, engagement and retention for products in partnership with performance marketing, product management, brand, sales, insights, and communications teams.
- Develop and refine briefs and strategic presentations for CMO and senior management consideration.
- Work with cross-functional teams to bring new products to market and optimize them on an ongoing basis.
- Advise on integrated marketing plans using online/offline advertising, social media activation, promotions, events, SEM, email marketing, marketing communications, B2B advertising and mobile advertising tactics.
- Shepherd annual marketing plans that reflect market context, product roadmaps and consumer insights.
- Collaborate with regional marketing teams to ensure programs are developed and executed globally with local partners. Identify best in class marketing + product executions outside and communicate to improve our own executions cross product and marketing teams.
- Manage key gDrive sources to maximize organization and collaboration cross teams.
- Partner with head of Product Management to develop cross product and long term roadmaps to maximize marketing success cross products and in market.
- Establish processes and best practices, as necessary.
- 4 year college degree required; MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in marketing and advertising; online product and/or brand marketing experience preferred,
- Demonstrated track record of leveraging data insights to drive marketing campaigns that successfully drive acquisition, retention and engagement with proven results
- Experience with overseeing creative briefs and program strategy planning; direct experience in developing, executing and analyzing consumer marketing initiatives
- Experience with agency/vendor project management
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects that have tight deadlines, limited resources and cross-functional dependencies
- Track record of influencing people and process outside immediate work group
- Proven success in a fast-paced, matrixed work environment, as well as the ability to thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing, and highly competitive industry
- Ability to track marketing expenses, manage resource requests for projects and initiatives and aid in the analysis of marketing program effectiveness
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with extreme attention to detail
- Schedule flexibility to occasionally collaborate with international marketing teams
- Understanding of mobile, social and word of mouth marketing space and key players a plus
- Mix of technical, marketing and business experience a plus