The Sr. Manager Technical Training is responsible for the leadership of the Communications and Instructional Design team. This role will work with Business, Training partners and Clients to identify performance improvement/training opportunities. The individual will assess performance needs. This position will assign and direct work of Training Consultants, as well as prepare production and project reports regarding the Communications Instructional Design team.
1. Manage Instructional Design (IT Training) department. Work to develop employee¿s skills, 30 % evaluate performance and provide feedback, and oversee resolution of employee relations issues. Conduct hiring and training of new team members.
2. Work with business training team to analyze training needs. Work with business to 20 % design, develop and maintain standard and customized training programs and materials. Oversee creation and maintenance of training programs and delivery. Provide input into training and user manuals.
3. Consult with program participants, management and operational departments to evaluate 10 % impact of training programs. Oversee continuous updates to training programs to reflect technology, business enhancements and input from managers.
4. Deliver customized training programs for staff members to enhance their instructional 10%
design and technical writing skills..
5. Work with Training Director to develop strategic business work plan goals and identify 10 % training needs. Track and periodically report progress to senior management.
6. Provide consulting on new application development and enhancement projects to 10 % champion user perspective.
7. Participate in cross-functional task forces and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 8-12 years relevant experience or Master's degree with 5-10 years relevant experience
- Strong PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, and email
- Expert in adult learning techniques
- Extensive experience in conducting needs analysis and operations applications functionality
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Advanced problem solving and organizational skills
- Understanding of adult learning techniques
- Ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relations issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale
- Proven ability to develop training courses and supporting documentation
- Proven ability to identify strategies and tactics for success in technical training
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cross-functionally to solve problems and meet business needs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business requirements
- Willingness to travel as needed up to 15%
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Express Scripts - 2 years ago
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.