Senior Mechanical Design Engineer/Project Lead – Portland, OR
Come work for
Barry-Wehmiller Design Group
, a company that believes in “Exceptional People, Compelling Solutions.” Barry-Wehmiller Design Group, Inc. is a leading Engineering Consulting Firm, providing technology solutions for the Consumer Products, Life Sciences, and other Industrial markets.
Design Group is focused on providing our Professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment. Design Group offers a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
Barry-Wehmiller’s Design Group has an immediate opening for an experienced
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer/Project Lead
for our Portland Office.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer/Project Lead
will supervise and direct mechanical engineering resources for various equipment projects as well as utilizing his or her technical expertise to help successfully complete them. This company is committed to providing their customers with quality, low cost, speed, and ability to customize. The position will need an action-oriented person who understands these imperatives. Inspirational leadership skills will be useful to help the company expand its operations while maintaining its quality record. He/she will be an independent and innovative thinker who enjoys making the entire team successful. The candidate hired for this position will have great opportunities for growth within the company as it expands, including management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree and/or relevant semiconductor experience
Successful candidates for this position should have:
- 7 or more years of experience in machine tooling design in an industry involving automated manufacturing
- Leadership experience commensurate with Project Management or Project Lead roles
- Excellent analytic skills, leading to sound judgments and crisp decisions
- Ability and experience working well in a collaborative environment
- Proven experience meeting deadlines while adapting to changes in the work environment
- Ability to quickly grasp technical issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Providing leadership for projects to ensure adherence to project specifications, drafting standards, internal policies and semiconductor design guidelines.
- Creating and modifying designs as needed to assist with peak demands on the team and company
- Designing for compliance with semiconductor industry standards for material types, chemical applications, exhaust and isolation needs.
- Communication with project managers and team members to ensure customer specifications are met and expectations for design features are clearly understood by the organization
- Coordination and scheduling of mechanical design work to support software, manufacturing, procurement, and field service as needed for issues within those departments
- Ability to work independently and with teams on multiple projects on accelerated schedules
- Complying with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety regulations
Relocation assistance may be provided for this position.
40 – 60% travel will be required to support installation and start-up activities, attend Client meetings, Design Group management meetings, company sponsored training and industry related seminars, forums or conventions.
We offer a team focused work environment with competitive salary, modern office facilities; performance based incentive pay, benefits including medical, dental, life insurance and 401(K) with matching contributions.
Barry-Wehmiller Design Group, Inc.
is a leading Engineering Consulting Firm, providing technology solutions for the Consumer Products, Life Sciences, and other Industrial markets. The Design Group’s
vibrant professional culture
regional expansion strategy
have been the catalyst for 20% annual compounded growth over the last five years. This growth attracts talented professionals and provides strong career advancement opportunities across the Firm.
To be considered for this position, please forward resume and cover letter to
. For more information on the Design Group, please visit us at www.bwdesigngroup.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Hair Sample Drug Screening is part of our employment process.
This company uses E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Barry Wehmiller Companies Inc - 19 months ago