Job Description:Position overview:|
This position is responsible for the design and
development of tools and fixtures to assist product
testing and other engineering related duties as well as
print specification and tolerance analysis of components
and sub-assemblies to support the development of
disposable, class II medical devices. Along with the
design responsibilities, some R&D laboratory maintenance
duties are required.
JOB / DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES (Listed in order of
Pro-Engineer and/or Solidworks.
- Create detail drawings of mechanical systems using
Pro-Engineer and/or Solidworks 3D solid models.
- Create fabrication and assembly drawings from
instructions and markups.
- Update drawings following ECO or engineers
- Create and update CAD models under the direction of
- Development and documentation of test fixtures for
laboratory and manufacturing equipment.
- Assist in maintenance of and operation of various R&D
Knowledge / Education
- High School Diploma is required.
- Significant experience in CAD, mechanical
- A minimum of 15 years of experience as a mechanical
Skills / Competencies
- Strong in CAD (Pro-Engineer/Solidworks)
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical and
Division/Department : Insulet Corporation
- Knowledge of GD&T and Tolerance analysis
- PC skills, word processing, spreadsheet, database
- Ability to organize and judge priorities
- Experience working with medical devices is a plus
Insulet Corporation / Neighborhood Diabetes - 21 months ago