We are currently seeking a full-time or part-time Senior Level Mechanical Engineer, with experience focused on rotating equipment for gas and steam turbines, to join our Thermal Mechanical Technical Group.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project engineering management that may include writing equipment specifications, sizing and evaluation of equipment, writing project reports, project scheduling, preparation of project cost estimates, the economic evaluation of projects, as well as mentoring entry-level staff.
- Heat balance calculations and thermodynamic design calculations for power plants involving gas turbines, steam turbines, reciprocating engines, and boilers
- Pipe stress analysis, piping system design, and other general design calculations.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
AA/EOE, M/F/V/D. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
- 10+ years in the power plant cogeneration industry including experience in design engineering is required.
- Extensive experience with gas and/or steam turbines engines is required. Additional experience related to boilers, HRSGs, condensers and/or power plants is preferred.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering is required; Masters degree is preferred.
- Ontario P.Eng or U.S. P.E. required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Strong technical writing skills and leadership skills are required.
Clough Harbour & Associates - 30+ days ago