Your primary responsibility is managing and tuning all database instances used by MetricStream. The instances include demo, development, testing, and hosted production systems. You will be mainly working with the Oracle RDBMS. In this role you will report to the Manager of Professional Services. In addition to database administration, you will also be responsible to for training the technical staff on database operations and performance tuning.
- Responsible for installing, upgrading, and maintaining all database instances, internally and for customer, on a wide variety of platforms.
- Take the lead in creating and executing operational plans for RDBMS deployments, tuning, maintenance, and backup.
- Train the engineering staff in the follow Oracle RDBMS areas
- Physical storage (e.g., disk striping)
- Logical storage (e.g., optimizing tables spaces and Datafiles)
- Configuration tuning (e.g., init.ora and memory parameters)
- General Performance tuning
- Rollback Tablespaces and Segments
- Backup and recovery
- High availability
- 5+ years of maintaining RDBMS systems in a production environment. Must be familiar and have worked with both Unix and Windows platforms
- Certified Oracle DBA with extensive knowledge on both Oracle 9i and 10g
- Strong knowledge of performance and system tuning
- Working knowledge of SQL and scripting for Oracle (i.e., PL/SQL, Perl, Shell scripts etc.)
- Experience in general system administration is a plus