Sr. Systems /Network Engineer-Tivoli
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-MTC- Lanham,MD
Mon-Fri 8AM – 5PM
U.S. Citizen with ability to receive Government Security Clearance required
Tivoli Framework Product Set, Tivoli Configuration Manager, Unix,Linux
MS Degree in Engineering, Physics,Computer Science, Math or related experience
HOURLY RATE RANGE
This position provides Subject Matter Expertise in the following ESM related areas :
- Creating software packages using Tivoli Configuration Manager to automate the installation for various COTS packages and Custom Code.
- Troubleshoot and support Tivoli Framework, Tivoli Enterprise Console and related software.
- Plans, conducts and oversees the technical asp ects of large, complex projects.
- C oordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and provides management overview.
- Provides complex technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
programming , systems administration .
- 6+ years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems
- 10+ years working experience with Tivoli Management Framework 4.x, Tivoli Configuration Manager 4.x
- Extensive knowledge and experience with operating systems including Unix and Window s.
- 6+ years of scripting skills and experience with UNIX shell, REXX or PERL.
- 2 + years of working knowledge of Solaris 2.8/2.9 administration and W2K Server Administration
Open Technology Group, Inc. / / www.otghq.com 2 of 2
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following COTS products includin g SiteMinder ; eTrust , MQ;Business , Object Documentum
- Knowledge of Websphere 4.x or greater, Vignette 6.X or greater a plus
- Strong leadership skills to effectively mentor and lead junior level personnel
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of complex systems
- Strong communication skills to communicate to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates and team members
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to integrate highly complex hardware and software systems