Elance is pioneering a new way to work, helping small businesses level the playing field by providing them with instant access to great talent. Working online transcends geographies, governments, court rooms, and legal systems. We are building the infrastructure to make the online workplace safer, fully compliant, and more productive than any other work environment. And that’s where you come in as the Sr. Operations Engineer.
We're seeking a highly enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who will be a core member of the Operations team. You will need strong skills in implementing and managing high availability, mission critical infrastructure, and should be a dedicated problem solver who can multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and demanding environment. This is a full-time position with huge growth potential.
In this role, you will:
To win in this role, you need:
- Hardware / OS performance analysis and tuning, enhancements and corrective actions
- Script development to automate processes and monitor system performance
- Planning of infrastructure changes and improvements
- Documentation of implementation processes and procedures
- Stay up-to-date with competing technologies
- After-Hours and On-Call responsibilities as required or defined
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- Experience with designing, implementing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting mission-critical, 24x7x365, large-scale environments
- Mastery of Linux system administration in an Internet facing, high volume, high growth environment. This would include installation, configuration, hardening, patching, tuning, and monitoring of Linux based systems
- 5+ years of Linux system administration including data center technical experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages: Bash, Python, or equivalent.
- Comfortable in a start-up environment where innovation and change are the norm.
- Experience managing and configuring web servers (nginx, apache, etc.)
- Virtualization using KVM or Xen
- Experience with version control systems such as git a plus.
- Experience using configuration management systems (Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, etc.) a plus
StackOverflow Jobs - 23 months ago
Elance is at your service. Formerly a provider of software that businesses used to streamline the way they bought and managed various...