VES Senior Project Managers are critical to VES’ management and growth strategy and must embrace VES’ culture of urgency, entrepreneurship, and pride. Senior Project Managers are responsible for managing and completing work on projects ranging from simple due diligence assignments to more complex remediation projects. Senior Project Managers are also responsible for fostering the growth and development of junior staff, management of office duties and maintaining a positive work environment. Senior Project Managers are also responsible for developing new business accounts as well as expanding existing accounts, while working with existing staff and management within VERTEX to complete projects. Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRPs) acting on behalf of Vertex will further manage sites in accordance with applicable New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) regulations and guidance.
Senior Project Managers are responsible for developing a minimum of $500,000 in revenue on an annual basis. All Senior Project Managers are expected to achieve a profit goal from 2013 forward of 15%.
Senior Project Manager shall review their overall performance with their direct supervisor (Division Manager) on an annual basis at a minimum.
Specific Job Duties
Senior Project Managers shall:
- Be personally billable; target billability is a minimum of 75%.
- Conduct all facets of technical work as needed to maintain billable goals and overall quality of the project with minimal assistance from Division Manager and/or VP
- Manage specific projects and conduct senior/QA/QC reviews of reports and project deliverables
- Preparation of work scopes and development of proposals
- Work with Vice Presidents, Regional Managers, and Division Managers to grow VES Service Areas (Due Diligence, Remediation, Energy, Marine Services, etc.).
- Actively involved in local and/or national and global business development depending on market share, experience and business contacts
- Manage collections efforts for specific clients and take necessary action to deal with delinquent accounts.
- Assist in management of division as deemed necessary by Division Manager and/or Vice President
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, science or engineering field (i.e.: Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Biology, Geology, etc)
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 10 years experience in construction and/or engineering
- Proven track record of project, client management and staff development
- Proven track record of Business Development
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required
- Advanced degree or certification not required but beneficial
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in providing Senior Review for technical report deliverables.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Able to provide oversight and direction to junior and senior level staff.
- Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER 40 Hour) is not required, but would be beneficial
- LSRP Licensure in good standing
For consideration, please submit application and resume here
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites occasionally
Vertex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and a positive corporate culture. For more information about the Vertex team, please visit our website at vertexeng.com .
The Vertex Companies, LLC. - 6 months ago