Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
**We are seeking candidates that have extensive contract experience**
This associate is expected, with attorney supervision when required, to manage all contract review processes, negotiations and functions related to recurring technology and related service contracts, including software licenses, maintenance agreements, and hosting/ASP agreements and transportation, energy and supply chain agreement. It is expected that this person will be autonomous and require minimal attorney supervision. In addition to being a contracts negotiator, the associate will actively engage in contract review, issue spotting, and drafting. The associate must be experienced and comfortable exercising independent judgment and making significant decisions within stated parameters. The associate will have direct relationships with internal customers, deal directly with third parties and must be able to assume a project management role and solve problems, as needed, on certain projects. The associate will likely be assigned to several substantive business groups and will become proficient in contracts for such groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Participate in the general contracts process for the assigned business group(s)
• Determine which type of contract form is appropriate for each business transaction.
• Ensure that clients are following contract processes. .
• Follow up with execution and filing requirements for all assigned contracts.
Project Management Functions
• Assist lawyers with training for business groups on contract negotiations.
• Assist lawyers with modification of forms and written training materials.
• Communicate with internal business groups and/or third parties regarding contract status.
• Communicate with internal business groups and/or third parties for all negotiations.
• Communicate and coordinate negotiations with internal clients.
Drafting, Review and Edit Functions
• Review comments from third parties.
• Make determination of whether third party comments are acceptable.
• Revise documents; draft new language for contract as appropriate.
• Bachelor Degree preferred
• 5 years related work experience required
• Experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts. Experience in technology contracts important.
• Negotiation/Communication Skills: Associate must have experience in working directly with third parties in both cooperative and potentially adversarial scenarios. Associate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to write in a clear and concise manner. A solid understanding of legal terms and contract formulation principles is required.
• Project/Process Management Skills: Associate must have demonstrated ability managing projects/ processes, with a focus on proven success achieving project goals despite competing viewpoints and interests.
• Judgment: Associate must possess excellent judgment on business and legal matters, including knowing when to escalate issues to the attorney level or a senior business team member.
• Knowledge Transfer Skills: Associate must comfortably and easily be able to transfer prior legal and business learning to new variable factual situations.
• Decision Making Skills: Associate must be comfortable with, and highly proficient at making, significant decisions within defined parameters.
• Detail and Result Oriented: Associate must be highly focused on details and the desired outcome for each work task. This includes being able to understand the business objective and use problem solving skills to overcome obstacles to achieving such objective.
• Business Understanding: Associate must be capable of understanding the business details of each internal client and must be willing to self-educate and self-start in terms of keeping up with his/her respective clients' businesses.
• Computer Skills: Associate must have refined computer skills, including proficiency in Word and Excel. Associate must be computer and internet literate and have the ability to work in various databases, both internal and external.
• Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality requirements is key for all positions in the Legal Department.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 19 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...