"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Position is responsible for mentoring other employees as a team leader, scheduling patient appointments, ensuring medical necessity compliance, verifying eligibility, and posting payments.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Come Join an exciting opportunity in our Pediatric Surgery Department!
Northwest Orthopedic Clinic
1800 West 26th Street STE 200 Houston TX 77008
- Schedules patient appointments and enters required information in the computer system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtains demographic, insurance and financial information from patient or guarantor. Enters information in computer system with a high degree of accuracy.
3- Explains all required forms to the patient or guarantor and obtains the necessary signatures.
- Ensures medical necessity compliance by obtaining necessary data, reviewing Compliance System, communicating information to patient or guarantor and obtaining necessary signatures.
- Protects the financial integrity of the facility by collecting patient liability, establishing payment arrangements, discussing payment options and screening for eligibility. Completes complex financial counseling including the review and submission of charity applications. Identifies alternative resources for financial reimbursement.
- Authorizations are completed within the required time frames.
- Posts payments in the computer system and generates the appropriate patient receipts.
- Monitors, reviews and resolves patient account issues on assigned reports. Performs account analysis and trending.
- Completes quality review and monitors for process improvement opportunities.
- Functions as a team leader in the department by ensuring daily processes are complete, scheduling employees, providing answers to employee questions and assisting in employee orientation and training.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner with Physicians, Care Management, ancillary departments, nursing units, physicians' office staff, insurance companies, as well as patients and their families (all Patient Access customers). Completes thorough and accurate documentation.
- Adheres to all university policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of four years of experience in a hospital or medical business office setting.
Ability to multi-task.
Proficient typing/keyboarding skills, preferred
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)...