Sr. Petroleum Engineer / Production Manager – Houston, TX
Knowledge Reservoir is seeking an experienced Petroleum Engineer for a Six Month Contract (extendable) in Houston
- BS Degree in Reservoir Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 15+ years experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Deepwater Nigeria experience
- Strong communication, organizational, and project management skills.
- Experience in designing workover and development programs,
- Oil and gas reserves estimation,
- Economic analyses,
- Petrophysical analysis of well logs,
- Secondary and tertiary recovery techniques,
- Pressure transient analysis, and routine well surveillance
- Work in a team with geologists and engineers to perform reservoir modeling and simulation for oil and gas reservoirs.
- Must be able to deal logically and effectively with all levels of management.
- Short term travel to Nigeria is possible
Candidate must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
- Perform increasingly more complex and responsible professional petroleum engineering work pertaining to oil field development, oil and gas production/injection operations, enhanced recovery methods, and related work
- Directs, reviews, evaluates, coordinates teams, and/or participates in the preparation of petroleum engineering projects, studies, and programs pertaining to oil field development, oil and gas production operations, reservoir performance monitoring, oil and gas reserves estimation, field equipment, enhanced recovery methods, abandonment operations and other related petroleum engineering work
- Monitors reservoir injection/production performance
- Directs and/or participates in field work in connection with drilling and production operations
- Plans, observes and reviews formation tests, coring, cementing, surveys, remedial and production operations
- Inspects field equipment; reviews and analyzes electric logs and makes well completion recommendations
- Evaluates contracts and regulations; develops budgets pertaining to oil operations
- Prepares and presents formal written and oral presentations to City, Department, contractor, and regulatory personnel
- Directs and ensures compliance with environmental and safety regulations
- May supervise, coordinate, plan, assign, train, direct and evaluate subordinate personnel
Knowledge Reservoir is a leading engineering and geoscience consulting firm serving the global oil and gas industry. With a seasoned staff of veteran engineers and geoscientists -many having over 25 years of relevant upstream expertise -- we deliver project services, studies and resources to major, independent and national oil companies worldwide. We exist to aid our clients in the exploration, development and production of hydrocarbons in a smart, sustainable and profitable manner.