Sr. Port/Structural Engineer
Engineers - Structural
United States-Florida-Ft Lauderdale
Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Ft. Lauderdale staff as a Sr. Port/Structural Engineer.
Under direction, provides the expertise of a seasoned Port Engineer to all conventional aspects of functional area and applies advanced concepts and techniques to unconventional engineering problems. May function as individual researcher or technical specialist. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Performs project design, sketching design concepts to be developed by junior engineers, CAD designers or technicians.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering investigations or planning work.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects, weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost-effective solution.
- Analyzes technical problems, assessing the feasibility of proposed techniques and procedures, and devising new approaches and alternative solutions.
- Analyzes project dimension and scope, and prepares or oversees the preparation of cost and manpower estimates, schedules and job budgets.
- Coordinates work with project manager, and guides junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final plans.
- Is responsible for quality control, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, and checking computations or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- May occasionally manage projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Candidate will also be working in field as well. Project Management experience preferred, but not necessary.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.S. or M.S. in Civil/Structural Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Structural Engineers with seven years of experience with bridges, bulkheads, marinas and piers since B.S. or 6 years since M.S. Typical incumbent has ten to fourteen years of experience.
Proven technical writing and communication skills. Incumbent may be eligible for project management training.
P.E. license is required. P.E. license preferred in the state of FL or ability to obtain within 6 months.
Faithful+Gould - 16 months ago