$ 1,200 referral fee paid EACH position.
Need 2 full time Hires ! 2 different VARS
1) Pre-Sales Engineer - Storage (EMC or Netapp), VMware -- i.e.. Cisco UCS platform
||| San Diego ||| (180k + bonuses >200k+ total comp)
2) Pre-Sales Engineer - NetApp / VMware
||| Sunnyvale, CA ||| (150-160 base + bonuses - 170-180k total)
Travel: Up to 40% mostly regional
***** US citizens and Green Card Holders
The Consulting Engineer (CE) works with the company’s sales teams to design, propose, and close opportunities using a consultative sales approach. Ideal candidates can easily combine their technical knowledge with sales skills to provide superior technical sales support as they design and implement business systems that meet specific customer requirements.
As a subject matter expert, the CE translates business problems into IT infrastructure solutions and responds to clients' queries—thereby supporting pre and post-sales initiatives for the company’s data management, IT infrastructure and cloud computing products and services.
- Evaluate the compatibility and integrity of solutions and recommend alternatives to enhance their design and reliability
- Develop and deliver client presentations and proposals that convey design details and equipment requirements to support the sales process
- Lead the analysis, design, development, and implementation of the proposed solutions
- Document client proposals and product applications, using Microsoft Visio or a similar product
- Develop and deliver client-specific performance reports
- Participate in the implementation and testing of new releases of products
- Maintain current technical industry knowledge
- 7 + years as a sales engineer, solutions architect and/or IT consultant
- Experience designing IT, network, and business solutions for clients
KEY: Storage, virtualization: VMware (VCP), Netapp (NCDA or NCIE), Cisco UCS --- for San Diego role - EMC and/or Netapp OK....
Strong analytical skills related to the definition of complex IT application solutions
- Effective presentation (white boarding etc...) and customer relationship skills
- Big-picture thinking with time and project management skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams while working autonomously on multiple projects
Bachelor’s degree in data communications, engineering, or related area or the equivalent in training and experience
- Knowledge of complex data center technologies, including servers, virtualization, storage, IT infrastructure, IP networking, and common business applications